Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2018 2:59:19 PM EDT
Which one would you buy?

Been looking for a pre ban 20". Thinking now about a STG77 limited edition. Seems I can use a shorter barrel for a modern take on it and I can pop off the classic 1.5 optic for a rail system if I desire.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 3:08:55 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want the modular nature, the STG77 is definitely a better choice.

Although it might be better just to get an normal M1 if you wanna start swapping out the parts.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 4:34:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I can own only one because if I have the money for another, I’ll buy something else as I like variety. Anyway, I went with the factory 14” pinned to legal length with a Surefire closed tine flash hider.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#3]
The Aug A3 i just scooped up for $975 is good enough for me.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 10:39:04 PM EDT
[#4]
There should be a law against that kind of stuff. You are a lucky man! I hope you bought some lottery tickets, too.

If I could have just one I think I'd get another m1/3X. I just started shooting mine and it's fantastic.

Pete has rails in case you have a good selection of scopes. I don't but I really like mine with the 3X on it!
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 11:07:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Just get the A3 M1 20" with 1.5x or 3x
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 9:18:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Aug A3 i just scooped up for $975 is good enough for me.
View Quote
Winner!
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 6:25:35 PM EDT
[#7]
The 'retro' STG-77's are by far my relatively favorite modern semi-auto
Full 20" in a compact package
1.5 DoDwD reticle is simple perfection for practical use
Best looking AUG by far (the railed scopes are hideous)
Stupid reliable and durable
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I would love to get an AUG A1 series.

I got the AUGA3 CQC. I am happy with it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 8:27:15 PM EDT
[#9]
AUG SF for me
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 10:39:28 PM EDT
[#10]
My A3.   It's not a CQC (don't want all that rail space anyway), but I think having the rail allows more flexibility on what optics I choose to run.  The factory optics are great I just like having the option.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 1:58:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Preban black police 16" A1.

And I got one!
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 3:13:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Preban black police 16" A1.

And I got one!
View Quote
This is my answer also, except it has an A3 stock and 2020 TSM.

Perfect light maneuverable gun, it's the top of the list for my favorite AUG.

The one on the right:

Link Posted: 7/11/2018 7:51:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I think the M1 is the pinnacle of the aug design thus far. The removable optic housing is what should have been offered on the A2.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 8:34:09 PM EDT
[#14]
A straight A3.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#15]
The x95. I have never liked anything about the aug
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 9:11:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thanks for playing.

Tough choice I think. The preban 20in AUG is classic and my favorite. But the newer A3/A3 M1's have several advantages.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 9:19:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
I guess we can't all be right.

Though in all seriousness, it's just personal preference. To me, the X-95 felt like more of a regression for the design beyond the handguard and better trigger pack. Not a fan of AR controls, and the AUG's setup feels far more intuitive to me.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 10:15:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Though in all seriousness, it's just personal preference. To me, the X-95 felt like more of a regression for the design beyond the handguard and better trigger pack. Not a fan of AR controls, and the AUG's setup feels far more intuitive to me.
View Quote
Agreed. I really want to like the tavor/X95, I just cannot warm up to them after owning and shooting an AUG for about 12 years. They feel bulky, unrefined, and the aesthetics are poor IMO.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 11:15:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Agreed. I really want to like the tavor/X95, I just cannot warm up to them after owning and shooting an AUG for about 12 years. They feel bulky, unrefined, and the aesthetics are poor IMO.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To me, the AUG feels like a thoroughbred racehorse; sleek and functional without anything that doesn't serve a function.  The Tavor and the x95...they just don't feel right when I shoulder them and they suffer from way too many little ribs, nooks, and crannies on the stock; while the AUG may be the racehorse, the Tavor and x95 look and feel like a draft horse.

IMO, of course.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 6:32:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:I really want to like the tavor/X95... They feel bulky...
View Quote
Wow, would never have guessed anyone would say that about the X95. Fs2000, yes it’s bulky, but X95?!? I pinned mine, stuck the slim buttplate on it and it makes my 14” pinned factory barreled AUG seem big.

That said, I don’t want to join this fight, I have an AUG, X95, Fs2000, SBRed Ps90, and formerly a SAR and I like them all... except the SAR.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#21]
In fact, here’s a pic. Shorter overall, shorter LOP, slimmer stock, etc

Link Posted: 7/12/2018 5:25:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
In fact, here’s a pic. Shorter overall, shorter LOP, slimmer stock, etc

https://i.imgur.com/ZEApKKH.jpg
View Quote
I would simply say it's because the AUG has a more rounded, streamlined design, while the X-95 is far more blocky.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 9:17:54 PM EDT
[#23]
The 9mm AUG is a lot of fun, far more than it's bigger brother.  If I had only one, it would be this one:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top