Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2003 8:30:30 PM EDT
My father had me on a quest to identify a shotgun. His cousin found it when his father died. It's a single barrel shotgun. The only name visible on the gun is "INVINCIBLE".

Does this ring a bell with anyone? I am going to ask some more questions, and i'll psot the info here.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 2:43:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Spoke with my father, and he said it's a very plain jane 12 ga exposed hammer single shot. Only marking he can find is INVINCIBLE.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 7:07:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds to me that you have what I refer to as a "hardware store shotgun".

In the 20s & 30s, it seems that every hardware or general store stocked lower priced single and double barreled shotguns. In my opinion, these were mostly produced by small gun manufacturers almost on a regional level. The value/quality of these guns was not enough to excite interest in collectors, so most of the maker's info was lost when they quit producing the guns.

The value of your shotgun, depending on condition is $35-$75. That just is not enough to get someone fired up enough to research and write a book on these early shotguns. I've seen hundreds, all with different names on them.

Thanks and good luck,
Lee
www.thearmsroom.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top