Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2001 6:06:13 PM EDT
I just got my new Wilson grips on my Springfield. It has a few other goodies as you can see but man do I love the look of these new grips!

Link Posted: 10/25/2001 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Those look great on the silver pistol... Did you pick them up over at 1911forum.com?
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 6:57:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Nevermind, I see Tachyon posted them over here too. I hesitated on the Coco Bolo's and got shut out.

By the way... They still look great.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, I got the grips from Tachyon here on these boards. He is a stand up guy. I also got a Wilson 2 mag black leather belt pouch from him, like new.

I'm a happy guy now.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#4]
very nice... I have a Springfield Stainless myself... I'm thinking about Hogue's laminate smooth panels for mine.  If I get 'em, I'll definitely post pics!!

M@

Link Posted: 10/25/2001 7:21:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Like diamond earrings on a pig..go Kimber!

Seriously though, looks great. Might have to take off the Hogues and try that.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 2:29:54 PM EDT
[#6]
rabbit,
 This here Springfield can, will and does run with the big dogs all the time. I have never owned a smoother, more accurate, tighter, reliable 1911 clone, ever. I bought the "loaded" gun and added a few extras myself like the flared magwell, grips, checkering and Wilson mags. It's also the sharpest looking pistol I have ever owned.

All that for about 1/2 what a comparably equipped Kimber costs. It's your money man, spend it how you like!

Thanks for the compliment on the pics.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 2:37:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
rabbit,
 This here Springfield can, will and does run with the big dogs all the time. I have never owned a smoother, more accurate, tighter, reliable 1911 clone, ever. I bought the "loaded" gun and added a few extras myself like the flared magwell, grips, checkering and Wilson mags. It's also the sharpest looking pistol I have ever owned.

All that for about 1/2 what a comparably equipped Kimber costs. It's your money man, spend it how you like!

Thanks for the compliment on the pics.

No doubt of that here, I've seen 'em runnin full blast with the top down, great guns for the money(I will keep my Kimber though), I was just "bustin your balls" as my yankee friends like to say.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
No doubt of that here, I've seen 'em runnin full blast with the top down, great guns for the money(I will keep my Kimber though), I was just "bustin your balls" as my yankee friends like to say.

I know, I was just givin you a little back!
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 1:17:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice. I like that "drop in" Wilson checkered frontstrap too. I've got one in matte blue on my Springfield. It sure does help me hang onto it. [Woo HOO!]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 3:13:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Nice. I like that "drop in" Wilson checkered frontstrap too. I've got one in matte blue on my Springfield. It sure does help me hang onto it. [Woo HOO!]

I hear ya man. A nice checkering job on the frontstrap goes for $150-200. That Wilson "drop in" set me back a whoppin $8.50. It's solid as a rock, and makes a huge improvement in the feel and grip of the pistol. It's even better with the arched, checkered mainspring housing I added.

I think I like this pistol better than my wife!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top