Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2007 6:03:27 PM EDT
I'm seriously thinking of selling my M1, ammo and the rest of my stuff.

Anyone have an ideal of what I should be thinking of a price for the following-

An SA M1 in the 3 million range, it's what the CMP would call a Service Grade. It is not a CMP gun that I bought, but it may have been a CMP gun at one time. I bought it from a guy at a gun show. Zero pitting on anything. I could not tell you what the TE/ME is. All I can say that it's a pretty good shooter.

Ammo is a case of Greek and a case of Lake City. I have shot some of both. I would say maybe I have about 1500 rounds total.

An American Fork and Hoe, 10 inch bayonet with scabbard.

Some spare parts, cleaning kit for the buttstock, never used, and some of those little grease pots, one canvas sling and a repo leather sling.

I would want to sell the M1 and ammo together...One without the other is no good to me.

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:06:36 PM EDT
[#1]
$700.00
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:38:25 PM EDT
[#2]
depending on the price you decide, send me an e-mail or IM. I looking to pick one up.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:50:58 PM EDT
[#3]
if it is indeed a SG rifle, you could EASILY get $1200 for the whole package.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:53:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Selling your M1?

WTF ails you man?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:15:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Hold on to that rifle
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 3:21:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Why?

GR
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 3:27:06 AM EDT
[#7]
This is where we all rally round and say why? Feeling a bit off today?

Somehow I'm thinking this is a symptom of something else.

ARDog
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:23:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Sell it to a trusted friend for $1. That way, when you realize what you've done, you can get it back.

-Mark
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:33:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
This is where we all rally round and say why? Feeling a bit off today?

Somehow I'm thinking this is a symptom of something else.

ARDog

Exactly, short of an emergency, it wouldn't be wise in my opinion.  Do you have any other garands?
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:26:17 PM EDT
[#10]
If you sell it, I promise that you will regret it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:39:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If you sell it, I promise that you will regret it.

I was going to say the same thing.

When I bought my first Garand in the late eighties (Blue Sky Korean import) I let my wife sell it to a gunstore for some quick cash while I was in Korea. (Separation due to overseas deployment can bring financial stress to a family, as any veteran can tell you).

I regretted it as soon as I got back.

Dog1, you do not want to sell that pretty Garand of yours!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:40:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

<snip>

<snip>

Noooooooooooooo!

I agree w/ LARRYG!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:08:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I ALWAYS regret selling the guns that shoot well. That said, you're looking at 1K of stuff. AND YOU'VE EVEN GOT THE BAYONET!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:53:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Put down the crack pipe and back away from the Garand!

I am sorry you have these evil thought, have you considered counseling?
Seriously, I am new to the Garand scene and have procured 2 of them from the CMP. These would be the LAST rifle I would sell. I can replace the others but you cannot replace a M1. Each one has its own history and most likely at one time has fought to defend this country. Can you say that about anything else you own? I doubt it! The only way I would let one of mine go is if some one came forward and said that they or their relative carried that one through WWII. Proving it with documentation, of course.

If you need the cash that bad, I would take a loan from family or friends and use it as collateral before I sold it to a stranger.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 9:56:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Do not sell it.

Very bad move if thats the only one you have.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:28:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Anyone have an ideal of what I should be thinking of a price for the following-

An SA M1 in the 3 million range, it's what the CMP would call a Service Grade. It is not a CMP gun that I bought, but it may have been a CMP gun at one time. I bought it from a guy at a gun show. Zero pitting on anything. I could not tell you what the TE/ME is. All I can say that it's a pretty good shooter.

Ammo is a case of Greek and a case of Lake City. I have shot some of both. I would say maybe I have about 1500 rounds total.

An American Fork and Hoe, 10 inch bayonet with scabbard.

Some spare parts, cleaning kit for the buttstock, never used, and some of those little grease pots, one canvas sling and a repo leather sling.

I would want to sell the M1 and ammo together...One without the other is no good to me.

Dog1,

I concur with everyones feedback above - have you gone mad? Dude, sell the wife (if you have one) before you sell that awesome looking Garand...if you don't have a wife just pimp yourself out to a couple of FAT lonely pigs @ the local bingo parlor or something

my $0.02

Sakic #19
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:37:56 PM EDT
[#17]
I agree, don't sell it.

I may be a new M1 owner and the euphoria of them being my new rifles hasn't worn off, but the history behind the rifle (even if your's never saw combat) alone makes it the most prized possession in my collection.

My M1's are works of art and pieces of history

My AR15 is a toy

...see the difference?
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 8:59:37 AM EDT
[#18]
One reason to sell is to finance some suppressors . The other reason is personal, sorry, I'm not one of those that airs personal stuff on the internet.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 9:06:23 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
One reason to sell is to finance some suppressors . The other reason is personal, sorry, I'm not one of those that airs personal stuff on the internet.

Denied on both counts.

Suppressors- Get both. They are under a grand all in, A Garand has so much more intrinsic value.

As for the woman who wants you to sell you guns, dump her.

Link Posted: 4/21/2007 9:48:19 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Denied on both counts.

Suppressors- Get both. They are under a grand all in, A Garand has so much more intrinsic value.

As for the woman who wants you to sell you guns, dump her.

It's not the woman...while I like the Garand, it's low on the must keep list.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 10:06:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Dog if you want to sell your rifle IM me with what you would like to sell it for.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 2:52:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Dog if you want to sell your rifle IM me with what you would like to sell it for.

If I sell it, I'm selling the whole package, M1, ammo, bayo, ect., locally. I don't want a shitload of ammo and no gun. Plus shipping all of the ammo is too expensive and a pain.

I have one guy that is interested in the package.

With that said, I'm putting selling it on hold for a while, considering the CMP has none for sale right now.

I may wait and see if the prices rise and then I will re-evaluate.

That and my son does not want me to sell it. Only time will tell if I sell it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Dude, your avatar and the line underneath it are all about Garands.  I know I change my mind about what is my favorite rifle alot, but now could you be so involved with it then drop it like a rock?
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 5:10:41 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Dude, your avatar and the line underneath it are all about Garands.  I know I change my mind about what is my favorite rifle alot, but now could you be so involved with it then drop it like a rock?

Things change and priorities change.

I have, for the moment, put selling it on hold. My needs may change in the near future and the M1 will stay.

Time will tell...
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 6:02:01 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I sell it, I'm selling the whole package, M1, ammo, bayo, ect., locally. I don't want a shitload of ammo and no gun. Plus shipping all of the ammo is too expensive and a pain.

I have one guy that is interested in the package.

With that said, I'm putting selling it on hold for a while, considering the CMP has none for sale right now.

I may wait and see if the prices rise and then I will re-evaluate.

That and my son does not want me to sell it. Only time will tell if I sell it.

If my son didn't want me to sell it and he wanted it eventually, I'd keep it unless the $$$$ situation was real bad.

GR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top