Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2002 4:12:42 PM EDT
Went to the local gun shop today for a quick glance at MAYBE a new toy.  Searching the aisles I noticed my new love, it was a Kimber .22 SVT.  The gun was BEAUTIFUL to say the least!  The little .22 was smooth and balnced like a feather.  On top of the gun was a Burris 2-7X that fit like a well oiled glove!  After fondling the rifle for 10 minutes I asked the owner what he wanted for the rifle, he quickly replied with $1075 for the entire setuo or $775 without the scope.  I put the gun down and walked out slowly, hoping not to make an impulse buy.  I can't get this little .22 out of my heart and head.  Should I plop down over $1075 for a .22?  Does anyone have any experience with this little SWEET model SVT?
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Just a thought to ponder, You can get an Anschutz for that type of coin.

Link Posted: 1/11/2002 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought this was gonna be about a Dragunov.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 4:30:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

...or a Mustang SVT Cobra.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 4:38:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Maynard, I haven't ever been impressed with the Anschutz rifles I have seen.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 6:09:18 PM EDT
[#5]
$1075 for a .22??!!  

Get a Kimber Gold Match stainless handgun instead....thats what I would do!    
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:43:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I thought it was gonna be an SVT-40
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:30:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought it was gonna be an SVT-40

That's what I thought too.

And I was ready to take every one off his hands so he could get over this awful affiction.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:35:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:40:08 PM EDT
[#9]
That's the soviet'garand'
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:33:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Morgan-Keegan, It's a good gun, But you could do better.

As for the Anschutz, I have one left from my younger days.  But, My rifle is designed for a whole different type of shooting. As for the field models, Never owned one.  I went with a built Ruger instead.  It was half the price including the build.

The Kimber is pretty, just not enough for the price they want to sell the rifle.

P.S. I built my 77/22 up for when I go down to Joppa.  It's my early morning tree stand rifle to play with the squrriels.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:39:46 PM EDT
[#11]
God, I thought you were talking about the SVT Mustang Cobra.  I was going to tell you...to cure that sickness, get a real car, a corvette, or for direct competition, Camaro or Trans am...both of which embarass any stang except the cobra R.

Kinda sad that the Cobra R costs more than a ZO6, doesnt have a radio, AC, or power windows, or anything else for that matter, and STILL cant even come close to the ZO6's *or a stock 02 coupe* 0-60 time wise, or the 1/4.

The R would take a standard coupe in the quarter, MAYBE, but it would be very close.

Can you tell I love corvettes?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top