Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 9:39:23 AM EDT
URGH..... I got my C&R Recently and sent them ALL out (From the excell file) UNSIGNED!!!! I just started getting them back again asking fro the signature.... I'm so pissed at my self. For everyone who sent out a copy to all the distributors you know how much work it is
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:48:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm trying not to smile.
Sorry dude. You are still better off than another newbie I once knew. He signed his original as soon as he got it. It took another month to get a replacement.
Jim
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:27:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm trying not to smile.
Sorry dude. You are still better off than another newbie I once knew. He signed his original as soon as he got it. It took another month to get a replacement.
Jim

What's the big deal with signing it? Just when you copy it put a peice of scrap paper over your signature and copy away.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:54:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Never sign the original- never! If by some chance it gets away from you it is a real hassle. The original doesn't need to be signed anyway. The copies need to be signed in ink. I always use blue or green or red. Black ink looks too much like a copy of the signature. There's no need to put paper over a signature to make copies.
Jim
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:42:00 PM EDT
[#4]
+1

Copy the ORIGINAL, and sign the copies.  I leave a few copies unsigned in case I need them, or need to make more.  Then I sign them in RED or BLUE ink.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:02:54 PM EDT
[#5]
FYI, the license, which is my dads, is not signed. I told him when he got it to not sign it. also as per ATF regualtions, we have a signed copy hanging in our antique cabinet in view.

I said to just cover the signatrue and make copies, incase that you signed the orginal. No need to wait 30 days to get a replacement. I mean it's not rocket science.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:12:27 PM EDT
[#6]
just fax them
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:14:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
just fax them

+1,000

The technology accepted by the ATF for sending licenses is now actually newer than (most) of my C&R weapons.  

Welcome to the 70's!  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:49:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Jerret the only problem with covering the signature if accidentally signed is that the copy would show that it had been altered. I would not take an altered FFL under any circumstances. It's just not worth me risking my license on a chance.
Jim
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top