Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/12/2005 9:39:23 AM EDT
URGH..... I got my C&R Recently and sent them ALL out (From the excell file) UNSIGNED!!!! I just started getting them back again asking fro the signature.... I'm so pissed at my self. For everyone who sent out a copy to all the distributors you know how much work it is
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:48:34 PM EDT
I'm trying not to smile.
Sorry dude. You are still better off than another newbie I once knew. He signed his original as soon as he got it. It took another month to get a replacement.
Jim
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:27:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pepperbelly:
I'm trying not to smile.
Sorry dude. You are still better off than another newbie I once knew. He signed his original as soon as he got it. It took another month to get a replacement.
Jim

What's the big deal with signing it? Just when you copy it put a peice of scrap paper over your signature and copy away.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:54:37 PM EDT
Never sign the original- never! If by some chance it gets away from you it is a real hassle. The original doesn't need to be signed anyway. The copies need to be signed in ink. I always use blue or green or red. Black ink looks too much like a copy of the signature. There's no need to put paper over a signature to make copies.
Jim
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:42:00 PM EDT
+1

Copy the ORIGINAL, and sign the copies. I leave a few copies unsigned in case I need them, or need to make more. Then I sign them in RED or BLUE ink.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:02:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2005 10:04:53 PM EDT by Jerret]
FYI, the license, which is my dads, is not signed. I told him when he got it to not sign it. also as per ATF regualtions, we have a signed copy hanging in our antique cabinet in view.

I said to just cover the signatrue and make copies, incase that you signed the orginal. No need to wait 30 days to get a replacement. I mean it's not rocket science.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:12:27 PM EDT
just fax them
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:14:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TheTracker:
just fax them

+1,000

The technology accepted by the ATF for sending licenses is now actually newer than (most) of my C&R weapons.

Welcome to the 70's!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 2:49:05 PM EDT
Jerret the only problem with covering the signature if accidentally signed is that the copy would show that it had been altered. I would not take an altered FFL under any circumstances. It's just not worth me risking my license on a chance.
Jim
Top Top