Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/18/2004 11:20:07 AM EST
I feel great today!! Took my STG to a private range yesterday for it's first extended firing session.

Took me a little bit to get familiar with the rifle and to zero it properly, but then the fun started!

This rifle was hammering steel all the way to 500yds consistently on irons. Very comfortable to shoot with the adjustable gas.

Overall, I'm impressed with the DSA.

To quantify, I sent 180 rounds downrange...had 4 misses on std. Mil sillouhettes at 100-500yds.

I'm on cloud 9!!

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:25:16 PM EST
congrats!!
DSAs are very well done from what i've seen, and the STG is one of my favorite FAL types.
what variant ya gonna get next???
bwa ha ha ha
welcome to the addiction!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:14:41 PM EST
Glad to hear of your good experiences with the SA58 today.

Actually, I took a StG-58 to the range today too...

Great day...

Great rifle...

As FALna45 says, welcome to the addiction.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:49:58 PM EST

Originally Posted By ftierson:
Glad to hear of your good experiences with the SA58 today.

Actually, I took a StG-58 to the range today too...

Great day...

Great rifle...

As FALna45 says, welcome to the addiction.

The SA58 and the StG58A are two different rifles. Both are F A Ls, but they are not the same.

Congrats on the new shootin iron. If you have any credit cards, cut them up now before it is too late.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:06:14 AM EST
I'll apologize for the noob question up front. I'm sure you have answered this befroe, but here goes. I'm building a STG58A and have already purchased a U.S. made reciever. How many more compliance parts do I need to add to make it legal? Thank you for your help.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:48:27 AM EST
6 more than the receiver if you plan on using the original (or another non-us) flash hider.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:56:37 AM EST
Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 8:17:39 AM EST

I'll apologize for the noob question up front. I'm sure you have answered this befroe, but here goes. I'm building a STG58A and have already purchased a U.S. made reciever. How many more compliance parts do I need to add to make it legal? Thank you for your help.

I'm in the process of building a STG58 also. As a matter of fact I just got done degreesing, inspecting & reassembling the complete lower using DSArms HTS & a Dan's pistol grip. Four of my compliant parts already installed.

I have a DSArms Upper I got off the FALfiles group buy. That with a steel charging handle & a Gas piston , both from DSArms, will allow me to keep the original brake in pace.

Just waiting on some timing rods to arrive & I can put it all together. Hopefully before the weekend.

Wow, just occurred to me almost all of the parts came from DSArms. If it wasn't so much fun building it myself it probably would have been easier to just buy one complete from them. Oh well.

One thing I'm not worrying about right now is the finish. The parts kit I bought was in really good shape. Good enough that once the rifle is complete it should look real good. So I'm skipping reparking the parts before assembly.

Good luck with your build!
Top Top