Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/19/2004 11:50:47 AM EST
To pick up some transfers........

And, my firends, I have confirmed the rumor we all hoped was true.
But first let me tell you a story. A story of over 30 barrelled receivers that were lying on his counter. Serial numbers all sequential, their dull metal hues gleaming in the flourescent light. I think I popped a stiffy. You could've walked the Swedish bikini team by me and I wouldn't have noticed. He was wrapping a new batch up to send out.

I also held the new receiver with the forged rails and all I can say is WOW.
Price is nice too.

BUT, on to the matter at hand,
In the course of our conversation I got this out of The,
"We're gonna start making operating rods this year, and by next year....
we will be selling complete LRB M14's
So, the promise is out there, the date vague, but I know I'm saving up.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:15:14 PM EST
What are his prices like at the retail location?
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:25:25 PM EST
I've only got one thing to say, "Bring it on, baby!"
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 3:37:34 PM EST
regular receivers 750~ with rails 900~
M15 (ar) recievers 110~
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:22:06 PM EST
Thanks for replying. Might pick up a barreled M1A receiver for the future along with some ar15 lowers.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:26:08 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 10:20:08 PM EST

Originally Posted By chapperjoe:
regular receivers 750~ with rails 900~
M15 (ar) recievers 110~

Are the railed receivers already available for sale? LRB's website says not til Dec 2004. I'm starting to drool...
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:39:06 AM EST
railed receivers are teh next batch.

the 30 or so barreleld receivers were the final non-railed batch of this year.

my friends, I have seen the railed receivers and I have seen well.

It's really amazing seeing one piece receivers like that. We all know that the rails are forged with the rest of it right? Not added on, glued on etc. It's a great idea and the man is an artist.

And once again, they are simply hard-working honest and decent guys, always ready to chat, give advice, etc.

Their "M15" receivers I know nothing about, but I ordered one simply on the basis of the quality of their M14 receivers. Plus, I wanted a local made lower - how many eople can say that! He said Begining of september he'll have them in. There is room on the list, but THERE IS A LIST, so call to get on it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:56:01 AM EST

Originally Posted By chapperjoe:
It's really amazing seeing one piece receivers like that. We all know that the rails are forged with the rest of it right? Not added on, glued on etc. It's a great idea and the man is an artist.

Mounting scopes are a big achilles heel of the M14 design... Just check out Different's new M14 scope mount FAQ and how many issues there are. I can't wait for the railed LRBs, like you say, genius!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:56:42 AM EST
furthermore, he had a bunch of Garands that he was cutting down to tanker sizes.....
Sticker was 695 I beleive.

I think he offered to rebarrel them in 308, but he wouldn't commit.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:20:14 AM EST
Sweeeeet.

Enough Said!
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:14:22 AM EST
too bad that was the last batch of no railed recievers for the year. guess i will have to wait.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:17:53 AM EST
"too bad that was the last batch of no railed recievers for the year. guess i will have to wait."

WHOA - WAITASECOND - call or email first. That's the last they MADE dunno bout last they made forever, or dunno if thats the last they shipped, etc. Don't you F'ing dare not look into this simply becuase of what I wrote.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:01:11 PM EST
I drove up from Philly and bought a receiver from Lou...Nice guy and a quality product
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:47:55 AM EST

Originally Posted By Lumpy196:

+1 and a " OHHHH, Baby!!! " ......REAL M14 semi from people who actually CARE........oohhhhhhhh, yeaahhhhhh!!!!
Top Top