Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 1/16/2015 9:52:52 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/16/2015 9:53:28 AM EST by xLucidx]
like it or not airsoft is an excellent training tool without the expense of ammo and limitations of where to shoot, especially for those of us who do it at night.

I was catching up on my youtube this morning when I stumbled across an airsoft GI video where girls were dressed in camo (obviously i had to watch it)

when I made it a couple minutes into the video I got a little shocked at what I had seen....

Now ive never played in an actual airsoft "game"
I use airsoft for force on force training, CQB room clearing drills, and things of that nature. Are these airsofters dedicated enough to go through a TNVC training course and buying high end night optics?

Ive seen the green mountain rangers videos where the guys rock BNVD's, use real eotech's and real peq15's but I had just dismissed it to that one group. but im beginning to think it may be more common?

ETA: video link
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:16:27 AM EST
There are sort of two tiers when it comes to airsoft - there are paintball fields and similar locations that rent guns out to little kids, birthday parties, and little backwoods fields, and then there are large scale "OP: games" that require a higher level of commitment, equipment, and some practical knowledge of MOUT/CQB principles.

Once you are paying $100+ to attend a "milsim" event, you weed out the kids who are generally lacking in mindset, and start encountering teams that train regularly, equip out with NVG's, squad comms, plus RTO guys to get up the platoon and company networks. There are explosive based airsoft M67 Frag grenades that are loud enough to require Peltor's, (the cardboard casing perforates and has dried peas inside as the fragmentation).

A lot of "teams" have the equipment but lack the training, but there are also squads together that spend TONS of time doing it, and back up that training with live-fire exercises even.

The patch could just be a knockoff though!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:10:17 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:53:20 PM EST
A super secret patch for door kickers.
Nice!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:05:04 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TNVC:
You never know where those patches come from. http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=18&t=390196

For folks wanting to know a bit more on our patches and the rarity, Eric talks a bit more about it on our INSTAGRAM
View Quote

I already knew .mil and LE swat teams could get a patch as well as completing a TNVC or Telluric training course, I also actually knew there were three as well with the third being the most elusive.

I was just assuming Leah (the girl in the video) took a TNVC training course since she is in socal which is what prompted this thread related to airsoft.
I guess she could have attended a shot show and nabbed one, Her boyfriend (Jet) is ex mil but I dont believe he is from the SF community.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:49:07 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:31:49 PM EST
Vic, you need to step it up some in the NV world!

LOL

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:47:56 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:58:35 PM EST
I wish I still had the one my brother gave me
Lost it in my last move
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:18:25 AM EST

I got that patch....It's the 3rd one that must be in a vault somewhere around here!

Vic
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SkyPup:
Vic, you need to step it up some in the NV world!

LOL

http://www.phossil.com/thom/Night%20Vision/FLIR%20M24/M24%20Helmet%20Side.jpg

I got that patch....It's the 3rd one that must be in a vault somewhere around here!

Vic

I'm going to take that statement literally, that they are in the safe with the weapons lol.
Top Top