Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2009 11:32:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/30/2009 12:36:40 AM EDT by TGFB]
I have wanted to do this for a while, and it makes little sense.

I want to go to cheap store of choice and purchase:

Mossberg 100 ATR .308 WIN
Stevens 200 .308 WIN

They both come with 22" tubes and synthetic stocks. I am not sure if they are available to order but I will try. I want to basically build them up identically and economically. I want them to have identical everything. I was wanting to do the barrel break in per the Sniper manual, but figured no hunter would do that. After assembly I want to shoot them using economical ammo like an average shooter/hunter would use and compare them.

I need help finding the following:

one piece scope bases and rings
economical bedding method
budget yet quality scope

will probably paint them both OD or Coyote Tan maybe one of each.

After the test I may try other more in depth tricks to see how tough and stuff they are.
Link Posted: 2/25/2009 2:29:00 PM EDT
Thanx!!!

I am still having trouble finding out what scope base may fit on the Mossberg 100 ATR.

This is from the company:

The receiver is drilled and tapped to accept the popular "Weaver-style" bases. Check with your dealer for bases that best match the receiver's top contour.

––––-Original Message––––-
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 3:30 PM
To: Service
Subject: Mossberg 100 ATR scope base

Hello,

I am looking for a one piece scope base that will fit the Mossberg 100 ATR Short Action .308 WIN. Will a scope base for another model (ex. Rem. 700, Savage 10) fit on this rifle?

Me
Link Posted: 2/25/2009 4:27:27 PM EDT
-DedNutz/Game Reaper one-piece base w/ integral rings ($40) I know it fits the Savage/Stevens

-Weaver scopes are decent quality for the money - a fixed 6X is around $110 - on par w/ the cost of the guns

Link Posted: 2/25/2009 8:47:33 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Uys:
-DedNutz/Game Reaper one-piece base w/ integral rings ($40) I know it fits the Savage/Stevens

-Weaver scopes are decent quality for the money - a fixed 6X is around $110 - on par w/ the cost of the guns

Would that be the K6?
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 4:19:47 PM EDT
Yep, but I looked on the Natchez Shooters Supply site and it's about $130 now, 4X is 120.
The 4X and 2.5X are ok, too. I don't know if they still make the 2.5X - my favorite.
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 12:27:50 AM EDT
Yep, but I looked on the Natchez Shooters Supply site and it's about $130 now, 4X is 120.
The 4X and 2.5X are ok, too. I don't know if they still make the 2.5X - my favorite.

Thank! I have settled on a 4x fixed scope by either Weaver or Leupold. I am going to try to find them on the used market first. Which ever one I find first will be the standard. I put a WTB in the EE.

***I ordered the Stevens 200 .308 WIN from Wal-Mart today***

I tried to order the Mossberg 100 ATR as well but they couldn't for some reason, they said it was usually due to a recall or some problem. I wonder if it has anything to do with the guys with mangled hands and faces from the bolt coming apart while firing.

I am not too sure about the one piece mount yet, I don't want loading to be inhibited. I am leaning toward a steel one piece base however. I don't know how easy it will be to find for the Mossberg.

I might change the Mossberg 100 ATR to the Marlin XS7 in .308 WIN if it becomes available soon. I read it takes Winchester M70 bases.
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 12:41:13 AM EDT

I ordered some rings last fall for my Stevens .223, still haven't gotten around to mouting them yet,
and now that I've seen this one piece set up, I think I will try it instead. Thanks for the heads up
on this product!
Link Posted: 2/27/2009 1:42:38 PM EDT
I read somewhere that the Mossberg 100 ATR used the Remington 700 bases. I was looking on the Weaver website and it states that Raptor Arms uses the same bases as the Remington 700. I also read that the 100 ATR was basically a Raptor Arms, so we will see.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 12:39:06 AM EDT
I put the Wal-Mart bipod on but have not put the scope bases on yet. I am going to go with the Weaver 2 piece bases since that is what most hunters would use. I just need to order some Weaver rings so I can true the rings in the reciever using epoxy if needed.

I have not been able to order the Mossberg 100 ATR still.
Top Top