Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2002 5:32:55 PM EDT
   Really like the Rem 700 ltr but feel the barrel is a little too short.  The PSS is nice too but the barrel is too long. Would like to see a them in .300 WSM. Not sure about Remingtons mass produced barrels either. Nothin else out there I really like.  Using mostly as a target shooter and occational hunting and possibly future competition. So what would it take to build my own....a Mike Rock R5 barrel in 22 inch ($250 I think for a blank), a Remmy 700 or Winchester M70 receiver and bolt in .300 WSM ($ ? $200-300), a H.S. Precision stock ($253), and a scope for instance.  Would it be that difficult?  Could I buy a bolt and receiver seperatly without a barrel?  I guess a gunsmith would have to attatch the barrel to the receiver and check the head space? What else is there? The possibilities are endless I know, but I would like to try to keep the price under $1500. Ha Ha.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 2:26:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I know, I know it's about a bolt gun but those other bolt gun forums are boring.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 7:01:36 PM EDT
[#2]
get a copy of Precison Shoting and check out who/what is out there.  You can have yourself a very nice rifle built to YOUR spec's.

Link Posted: 9/4/2002 5:07:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Get yourself a copy of the Brownells catalog.  They have everything you need to make your our rifle.  Actions, triggers, stocks, barrel blanks, chambering reamers, and assembly tools.  You may be able to get it cheaper elsewhere, but its a lot easier to visualize the project with the all pieces displayed in the the Brownells catalog.

Kent
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 12:16:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Great......Thanks alot for the info guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top