Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/6/2004 7:05:00 AM EST
Hi everyone...
i have a 870 and i want to enhance it. Please let me know what you think and of the reliability of the aftermarket parts i am considering buying.

I will be orddering mostly out of "Natchez Shooters Supplies"

here goes-

10 shot mag extension.. from shotgun accessories
weapon light system from Shotgun accessories (comes with xenon lamp and switch)\
a buttstock with pistol grip from advanced technologies
a tactical forend from advanced technologies (not pistol grip)
weaver shotgun mount
and a tasco or bsa or simmons red dot sight.... i am thinking 42 mm...

let me know what everyone thinks and plus i am interested to know about the quality of the magazine extension and the quality of the stock and forend from advanced technologies Thanks
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:55:07 AM EST
Never heard of ten shot. My 870 holds 7. Only light worth your time is Surefire. I personaly dont like pistol grips. The Surefire light is actually the "forend", so you dont need to purchase another. No red dot on my shottie, so I cant help here. But I would only use Aimpoint or EOTech. Thats alot of recoil were talkin. Just my opinions. -Justin
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:13:49 AM EST
The 10rnd mag is for 26" barrels or longer.
I have a Choate 10rnd (actually 9+1) ext mag on my 26" Mossberg M5500. Not as handy as a 18-20" shotty but plenty of ammo in reserve to defend a fixed, static position.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:21:45 AM EST
I'd skip the red dot if this was to be a defensive piece, as 12 ga recoil is tough on optics. And get a Surefire forend. Expensive, but again, tho only one proven to stand up to 12 ga recoil.

I have a Choate 10 shot extension (10+1 ) on an 11-87. It weighs a metric ton loaded up, but it is a lot of firepower. I wouldn't want to carry it very far in the field....
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:27:05 PM EST
how stable and sturdy are the top folding stocks? who manufactures quality ones ? I do not mind recoil. thanks for your help. also does anyone have reccomendations for a good front grip(not pistol grip or the one with the integeral flashlight mount)? thanks
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:46:32 AM EST

Originally Posted By azemba:
how stable and sturdy are the top folding stocks? who manufactures quality ones ?

The best one that I have found was Remington's "For Law Enforcement Only" top-folding stock. It's very, very ergonomical and very toungh. It is a steel stock with a polymer pistol grip. I have seen them on eBay every now and then. I like them because they were made by Remington.
Top Top