Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2003 5:12:20 PM EDT
.499 inch caliber semi automatic rifle
AR15/M16 compatible
Manufactured to Mil Spec Standards
Lightweight, Accurate and reliable with heavyweight punch
LW 15.499 is designed to generate devastating stopping power. Combines the rugged reliability of the AR15/M16 family of weapons with a purpose-designed cartridge. This highly compact, lightweight and dependable weapon delivers a 400-grain bullet at a muzzle velocity of 1600 fps for overwhelming terminal ballistics The LW 15.499 rifle is precision engineered with forged, hard-anodized upper and lower receivers to full military specifications, custom 16-inch barrel assembly and flat top. Available with either a round two piece or a fully floating handguard. The LW 15.499 rifle retains the rotary locking bolt assembly and gas delay mechanism operating reliably with the powerful 12.5 x 40mm ammunition under all conditions. The LW 15.499 doubles as an ideal hunting or utility weapon.  

http://www.leitner-wise.com/pages/lw15.htm
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 5:38:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually, no you don't...I have heard some not so positive things about why they aren't in the marketplace as yet.

www.teppojutsu.com
www.tromix.com

Teppo's 458 SOCOM is the equivalent to the .499LW. (Superior IMHO, faster, better ballistics, etc, etc.)

Tromix makes 50AE, 440Corbon Mag, 44mag, etc.  Check it out.

Ed

Link Posted: 1/3/2003 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't read anything there that would scare me away. Of course they were advertising their own product. Can you link me or tell me why I would not want one uf these uppers to shoot from my Bushy lower?

TIA
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Holy cow!  I just checked out the Tromix webpage.  The .50 AE is awesome!  Has anyone shot one of these?  Does the upper use a standard AR-15 lower?  Mags?  This may be something to look into.  Unbelievable!
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 6:09:35 PM EDT
[#4]
.458 socom is the way to go!!

i cant wait until i get the upper, then the brass, then the powder and some bullets, then a reloading setup to start loading these suckers
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 6:14:35 PM EDT
[#5]
It is a standing rumor from at least two sources in the "community" regarding a big bore M16 being given to the Coast Guard here in Virginia.  They were issued 50 units and all 50 were returned for "unknown" reasons.  The story is the bolt group they use is not stout enough for the recoil.  Unlike the Teppo/Tromix designed uppers.  

Nobody will confirm who it was, but MartyW and Tony Rumore say it wasn't their products.  Alexander Arms (via secondhand accounts) says it wasn't them.  That leaves one group that I know of making similar uppers.

You guessed it Leitner-Wise.  

Now this is just all piece work as nobody in the community will outright say it.  But why are there 100,000 pieces of ordered but undelivered .499 brass at a large brass production plant?

Hmmmmmm.......inquiring minds want to know.  Last thing, no reply to my emails from these boys, and I live just down the raod from their HQ.  You'd think they would respond to a potential customer that is right next door.

Ed
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 6:21:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Sweeeeeeeetttt.... **drool** I think I'm going to have to order a 50AE upper with my tax return.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
.458 socom is the way to go!!

i cant wait until i get the upper, then the brass, then the powder and some bullets, then a reloading setup to start loading these suckers

Same here. With any luck I'll be blastin away before the new year! '04, '05, '06.. one of 'em!
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 8:20:07 PM EDT
[#8]
What ever happened with the group buy on these things. I want one.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Group buy has started shipping.  MartyW has a couple uppers in his shop right now for purchase maybe hit his site:

www.teppojutsu.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top