Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 10/3/2011 5:26:20 PM EST
Long story short, I have gun trust already, but the name of my trust is ridiculously long. I'd rather not change the name of the trust bc it would complicate a lot of things. My question is...is there any advantage to manufacturing and engraving my own sbr versus purchasing an sbr from a manufacturer? Thanks for any and all input.

JP
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 6:56:37 PM EST
You could just form another trust for your new SBR with a shorter name. I personally think it is better to buy a factory SBR and not have the ugly engraving. You can get a factory Colt from Clyde's Armory for about the same price as a Title 1 gun.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 5:34:05 AM EST
Originally Posted By remi870:
Long story short, I have gun trust already, but the name of my trust is ridiculously long. I'd rather not change the name of the trust bc it would complicate a lot of things. My question is...is there any advantage to manufacturing and engraving my own sbr versus purchasing an sbr from a manufacturer? Thanks for any and all input.

JP

There is a lot of pride and satisfaction in building it yourself if you are into that kind of thing. You will know how to fix it and you will probably buy a field repaid kit just because you know how to use it.

The engraving does not HAVE to be ugly. There is a depth requirement but not a size requirement. A good engraver can make it look great.

Just Sayin!

Link Posted: 10/4/2011 6:26:02 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/4/2011 6:29:44 AM EST by bigcbass]
delete
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 7:06:41 AM EST
Top Top