Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2012 7:48:48 AM EDT
A few questions, if you please...

What is the 'average cost' of a typical select fire AR type weapon running these days? (last time I seriously checked they were about 15K, right now I am seeing @21K)
Are the prices and SOLD labels on online ads that I am seeing a result of the election; ot are these things really being bought up?
Can you toss out a few names that I may have not considered (I checked West Firearms, Sturm, and Mendiola, and EE)?
Source for RDIS specifically, ot is it a hit and miss kinda thing with the dealers?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 8:16:07 AM EDT
A RDIAS just sold for 18.5K and Colt M16's seem to running in the same range. When I bought my DIAS back in '08 I placed a couple WTB ads on subguns and sturm and I got several replies.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 4:17:12 PM EDT
I wish someone would take a nicely done '68 Barracuda in trade

On a serious note, when the car does go on the market this spring and sells I will be getting an M-16 (provided CT doesn't ban +10rnd mags, or at least if they grandfather them). The rest of the sale price covers the ammo
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:53:50 PM EDT
What about a non-Colt (Sendra, EA, etc)? That would be fine for a shooter. Not sure what they're selling for these days, but certainly less than a Colt or a RDIAS.

The way the prices on semi AR-15s are ramping, they might catch up soon

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:59:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By dwkennedy:
What about a non-Colt (Sendra, EA, etc)? That would be fine for a shooter. Not sure what they're selling for these days, but certainly less than a Colt or a RDIAS.

These are fine. Just having difficulty finding them for sale.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:21:47 PM EDT
Have you looked on Gunbroker? I just saw a Olympic arms sold by Franks guns at auction for 14.9K. Franks auctions are often with no reserve price. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=321483741 The item is sold, but this is the link. I've gotten several good deals off G/B in the past years.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:28:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By RELOADER-BOB:
Have you looked on Gunbroker? I just saw a Olympic arms sold by Franks guns at auction for 14.9K. Franks auctions are often with no reserve price. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=321483741 The item is sold, but this is the link. I've gotten several good deals off G/B in the past years.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=323706545
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=322761314

Something to watch, I reckon...
Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 11:02:18 PM EDT
15K will put you into a nice shooter Olympic, Frankfort, or SP1 if you watch the boards
and have cash in hand. Some have lucked out big time and scored real Colts for less.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 12:26:58 AM EDT
I love my Sendra RR. If you can find one of them, they are great running RRs and are of outstanding quality usually .

Rob
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 12:31:47 PM EDT
IM sent to OP. My P.A.W.S. conversion runs great.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:26:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ar154all:
Originally Posted By dwkennedy:

These are fine. Just having difficulty finding them for sale.

IDK I just seen a guy pay $2200 cash money for a POF today.

Hell maybe one day I can trade my Double Star SBR straight up for a MAC smg
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:38:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/29/2012 6:39:29 AM EDT by RELOADER-BOB]
Originally Posted By ateamrob:
I love my Sendra RR. If you can find one of them, they are great running RRs and are of outstanding quality usually .

Rob

Ditto on what he said. My sendra/BFI runs 100%. All brands/kinds of ammo, different uppers/calibers,suppressed or not. The only problem is that it eats ammo like a honey badger.

Top Top