Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/8/2002 6:53:06 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/9/2002 11:22:04 AM EST by SMGLee]
Larry at Area51 guns let my try his SAW this weekend, I shot about two to three hundred rounds through it.

Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:03:54 AM EST
Argh, some people have all the luck.

How was that offhand?
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:16:39 AM EST
Lucky Friggin' Bastard!

Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:58:16 AM EST
barely any recoil, I could keep the rounds pretty tight. it is tamer then shooting a M4 full auto, although M4 is pretty tame too.

That M249 was so stable, I could have shot it all day.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:32:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By s0ulzer0:
Lucky Friggin' Bastard!

Yep !
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:43:22 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/9/2002 11:22:20 AM EST by SMGLee]
I was there to pick up my SL8, which had a barrel conversion done.

Another pic of the SAW, this time without the feed box

Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:48:26 AM EST

Okay, would someone please clue me in?

I thought that no new Class III weapons were being allowed into civilian circulation. Now I see someone with a full-auto (and bloddy beautiful, BTW) SAW.

What gives? Are Class III weapons still being manufactured for civilians with Big Brother's permission the appropriate license?

Should I have my hopes up that, if one day I happen to have several thousand dollars laying around with nothing better to do and the wife lets me, I can be the proud oner of one of these beauties?
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:48:50 AM EST
I don't know why, but I just love the looks of those carrying handles (like the FALs). They just make a gun look so much cooler.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:52:13 AM EST

Originally Posted By USNA91:

I thought that no new Class III weapons were being allowed into civilian circulation. Now I see someone with a full-auto (and bloddy beautiful, BTW) SAW.

What gives? Are Class III weapons still being manufactured for civilians with Big Brother's permission the appropriate license?

Should I have my hopes up that, if one day I happen to have several thousand dollars laying around with nothing better to do and the wife lets me, I can be the proud oner of one of these beauties?

It's a post-may-86 dealer sample.

Full autos are still being made.
Any made after May 19 1986 are not transferrable to mere mortals such as you and I and not to a dealer without a mother-may-I (demo) letter from a law enforcement agency.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:14:37 AM EST

Originally Posted By J_E_D:

Originally Posted By USNA91:

It's a post-may-86 dealer sample.

Full autos are still being made.
Any made after May 19 1986 are not transferrable to mere mortals such as you and I and not to a dealer without a mother-may-I (demo) letter from a law enforcement agency.

DAMN! [>Q]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:18:39 AM EST
Is that a "full size" SAW?? It just looks a little short to me. Am I the only one thinking that? Is is a custom lenght barrel? the SF sized barrel? Or am I just delirious from jealousy?
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 11:42:04 AM EST
It is a regualr SAW with product improvement stock. the barrel is a para version.

Larry is a C2 and C3 dealer, he can manufacture a SAW for you as long as you are a C3 dealer and can provide dept letterhead for demo.

Last I have heard, a registered receiver SAW went for 46,000 dollars.
Top Top