Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2002 1:18:32 PM EDT
Man, I need to unload this piece of crap.

Some dude on rec.guns said the life expectancy of the frame is 3,000 rounds 'cuz thats what an o-fficial gov'ment document said.

Also, I watched that Lethal Weapon 4 movie, and man, anybody with a little training can reach out and disarm my pistol before I could get off a shot.

Who could make such a crappy gun?
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 1:22:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Also, I watched that Lethal Weapon 4 movie, and man, anybody with a little training can reach out and disarm my pistol before I could get off a shot.

You believe everything you see in the movies?
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Man, I need to unload this piece of crap.

Some dude on rec.guns said the life expectancy of the frame is 3,000 rounds 'cuz thats what an o-fficial gov'ment document said.

Who could make such a crappy gun?

SEND IT TO ME IMMEDIATELY SO THAT I CAN DESTROY THAT POS
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 1:24:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why would it be in the movies if it wasn't true?
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 1:28:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I hear you bro.  Nobody should have to hold on to such a terrible gun.  Since I'm a nice guy, I'll take it off your hands for $100.00. I know this seems like alot, but that's just the kind of guy I am...
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#5]
If you let the badguy grab your weapon for any reason you deserve what you get.  YOU'RE the one with the gun, right?

As for life expectancy... a quick search at beretta-forums revealed:

"the M9 (92F / 92FS) was designed for use with NATO spec ammo - which is above +P. Locking blocks would be the first to go with lots of high pressure rounds - and they are rated at 20+K rounds"

another said:

"Your 92 should be fine with +p. As stated already NATO ball is hot. I served in the military and within 4 years I went through 2 locking blocks with extreme abuse. The thing is you can change this part by hand no special tools are needed so don't sweat it. If your using +p just make sure to check the locking block for cracks occasionally for signs that its going to give out. When I say occasionally I mean after 5000+ rounds."

So if these guys know what they're talking about, (and it is BERETTA-forums), then the frame is not as much of a concern as the locking block (and that's supposed to go for 20k rounds).

In terms of extreme use of the 92:

"Marcus Daily - board member - has 125K of +P and has just retired it because he bought a newer brigadier"

But I'd be happy to take that piece of crap off of your hands for $101 dollars...

Viper Out

Edited because 50 cali made his $100 bid 9 seconds before I did.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 1:32:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the offers guys.  But I got a good deal on a Lorcyin from this guy at the pawn shop.  Even trade, what a nice guy.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 1:41:08 PM EDT
[#7]
truly you deserve what you get. my 96-d has over 2k and it still looks just like new. one thing for sure, a troll will shove that lorcin up your ass.[granade]
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 1:42:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I have actually practiced this move.  Pretty cool looking if you get good at it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 4:14:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Darin_Marple,  Do you even own a 92fs?????

I'm going with the guy being a TROLL!!!!

If your not a Troll and own the pistol, explain why the Pistol is a POS.  

If you did own one, you would know that the M-9 is the quickest, easiest, pistol to break down and clean.  Plus, there are no pieces to lose like that of a 1911, such as the barrel bushing and slide lock.  

As far as the slide/frame cracking or wearing out in 30,000 rounds, you are clueless.  The reason that there was problems with the M-9 was due to the pistol fitted with a suppressor and using SMG ammo(++p).  The can was caming the barrel down and interrupting the slide on release. But even with this, the pistol still ran for over 30,000 rounds before it had a problem.  Try and show me any other pistol than can take that much abuse and still keep on running.  If you point to the HK pistols, remember that the suppressor has a firing device in the can to help the slide to unlock. With out the device, the pistol would be a jam-o-matic!!!!

I have run over 20,000 rounds(+p) in my minor and it still is tight and a tack driver.  My best advice to you it to give away any guns that you have to someone who has a clue. After seeing what your trading the pistol for, I don't think you should even own a pointy stick.

And if you are wondering, YOU ARE BEING FLAMED!!!

Link Posted: 1/24/2002 4:16:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Like the local retard who hangs out at the hobby store and critiques everybody elses purchases:  "Throw it in the river."  
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 4:39:12 PM EDT
[#11]
The range where I shoot had a Beretta 92 rental gun...they retired it at 98,000 rounds,,,and in all that time it only had 1 minor repair...
I wore out a SIG 226 after approx 35,000 rounds
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 5:40:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Grind off the lug on your take down pin. Then reblue it. Beretta also sells a replacement part with a flush lever. That way nothing sticks out for the "movie guy" to swipe and take apart your gun while it is still in your hands.

PS this 92FS has over 10,000 through it. Several thousand were +p+. No problems yet!
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey Darin_Marple,

Does your mommy know you're using her computer again?  Better go back to bed before she finds out.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 8:50:13 PM EDT
[#14]
gotta be a cheap imbroglio impersonator. even if someone COULD take the slide off before you get off a shot it's your fault for not adhering to the "7 meter" rule.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 9:52:26 PM EDT
[#15]
I saw someone demonstrate the slide removal before I saw it in the movie.  I couldn't believe it.  The guy holding the gun was in shock.  The owner of the gun showed us the gun was empty.  He handed it to another guy and asked him to point it in his direction (not directly at him).  Before anyone knew what happened there was no slide on the gun!  Does anyone know if this would still work if there was a loaded mag in the gun?  It seems to me that a mag with a round sticking up out of the frame could block the slide from comming off.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 10:01:36 PM EDT
[#16]
CT_10x,
No!    With the mag inserted, the slide will catch on the mag.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 10:09:07 PM EDT
[#17]
I do believe Beretta is the oldest firearms manufacture in the world. They would not be around this long by producing crap.
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 10:14:21 PM EDT
[#18]
if you have a 1911 and a 92f field strip them both and you will appreciate the quick tear-down...   reach out and grab my loaded pistol and does the movie show this guy with three of his fingers removed lickety split?  no i don't think so....
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 10:20:42 PM EDT
[#19]
i'm sorry that post did not address your problem... i hear a bid of 100.00 i'll up that to 150.00   maybe i can help you unload that pos....
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 11:32:12 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll go $200 for it, Just because I'm a well known nice guy.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 5:22:21 AM EDT
[#21]
For those of you who haven't figured it out (this means you, Dano):

Darin_Marple was being sarcastic.  This means that he doesn't really want to sell his Beretta.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 5:39:41 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Darin_Marple,  Do you even own a 92fs?????

I'm going with the guy being a TROLL!!!!

If your not a Troll and own the pistol, explain why the Pistol is a POS.  

If you did own one, you would know that the M-9 is the quickest, easiest, pistol to break down and clean.  Plus, there are no pieces to lose like that of a 1911, such as the barrel bushing and slide lock.  

As far as the slide/frame cracking or wearing out in 30,000 rounds, you are clueless.  The reason that there was problems with the M-9 was due to the pistol fitted with a suppressor and using SMG ammo(++p).  The can was caming the barrel down and interrupting the slide on release. But even with this, the pistol still ran for over 30,000 rounds before it had a problem.  Try and show me any other pistol than can take that much abuse and still keep on running.  If you point to the HK pistols, remember that the suppressor has a firing device in the can to help the slide to unlock. With out the device, the pistol would be a jam-o-matic!!!!

I have run over 20,000 rounds(+p) in my minor and it still is tight and a tack driver.  My best advice to you it to give away any guns that you have to someone who has a clue. After seeing what your trading the pistol for, I don't think you should even own a pointy stick.

And if you are wondering, YOU ARE BEING FLAMED!!!

Do you understand the concept of sarcasim?

No I was not being literal, I was making utterly ridiculous statements in order to make the point that the beretta 92fs is a wonderful gun.

Yes I own one.

No I am not a troll, I am just using a different method to make my point than you.  If you read some of the responses, you will see that some got my point.

You however, did not.

Link Posted: 1/25/2002 5:43:38 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Hey Darin_Marple,

Does your mommy know you're using her computer again?  Better go back to bed before she finds out.  

Sad...

You know, sarcasim, get it.

One more time for the cheap seats.....

I WAS NOT BEING SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 6:26:45 AM EDT
[#24]
I saw Jackie Chan do the "take the other guy's gun apart" move.  Neato.

I like Jackie, he's got spunk.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 6:32:01 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey Darin_Marple,

Sad...

You know, sarcasim, get it.

One more time for the cheap seats.....

I WAS NOT BEING SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!

Darin_Marple, I could tell from the first few words that your post was entirely sarcastic.  It's unfortunate that some people lack the cognitive skills to discerne it as such.  Good work, and you probably started a few flame wars, too.  Now THAT'S a provacoteur.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 6:48:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Darin,  Ok, I will stand down.

You used the term, "utterly ridiculous statements".  I wish this was true, but you don't know how may times I have been at the range or gun shop and some one will describe the weapon just like your sarcasm. Most of them have never owned the weapon, nor shot it.

Had you said that you would not buy the pistol because it was not offered in pink, then I would have gotten the joke. Sarcasm to me is to take the statement over the top, Not just spew the ramblings of the clueless.

Anyway, I'm sorry for flaming you, I thought that you were one of the clueless drones.

P.s. I starting to like you now, But I'm still not putting out on the first date.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 7:07:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Darin_Marple, why do you do such a thing?....Why causing all of us blood tension to jump up high?......You bad boy!
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 7:44:40 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Darin,  Ok, I will stand down.

You used the term, "utterly ridiculous statements".  I wish this was true, but you don't know how may times I have been at the range or gun shop and some one will describe the weapon just like your sarcasm. Most of them have never owned the weapon, nor shot it.

Had you said that you would not buy the pistol because it was not offered in pink, then I would have gotten the joke. Sarcasm to me is to take the statement over the top, Not just spew the ramblings of the clueless.

Anyway, I'm sorry for flaming you, I thought that you were one of the clueless drones.

P.s. I starting to like you now, But I'm still not putting out on the first date.

Hey, it happens.  The problem is that you can't hear the tone of my voice when I say these things.

Apology excepted.

Anyway, I really do not understand why people malign the pistol so much.  The first time I shot it, I out-shot anything I have shot before (ruger, usp, sig).  It really is a great pistol and I really can not say enough good about it.

The only thing I want to have done is a LTT trigger job.  The 12# DA is a little hard to deal with, but, that said, my usp's trigger ain't so great either and I paid a hell of a lot more for that gun and no hi-caps!

Anyway, nice to meet someone who likes the gun as much as I do.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 7:45:34 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Darin_Marple, why do you do such a thing?....Why causing all of us blood tension to jump up high?......You bad boy!

I will get my fiancee to spank me later!
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 8:19:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Dude,

You need two things:

(1) A book on the effective use of sarcasm.

(2) A spell checker.

And I'll up the ante to $210 for the 92FS.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 8:47:16 AM EDT
[#31]
I REALLY appreciated the crack about trading it for a Lorcin! LMAO!

FWIW, I really like my 92FS. As much a work of art as a pistol...
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 9:49:56 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Dude,

You need two things:

(1) A book on the effective use of sarcasm.

(2) A spell checker.

And I'll up the ante to $210 for the 92FS.

1.  The jury is still out on that one, could be my problem, could be yours, who knows?

2.  Ehh, I looked over my posts and the spelling isn't really what is wrong.  You probably don't like my grammar ( run-ons, dangling participles, etc... ).  Oh well, I try my best.  But hey, what's a guy like me gonna do? The grammar is getting bad because I write Java all day and the grammar is much simpler, no conjugation etc..  

Feel free to give me constructive criticism whenever you feel like it.  I would appreciate it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 9:52:59 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I REALLY appreciated the crack about trading it for a Lorcin! LMAO!

FWIW, I really like my 92FS. As much a work of art as a pistol...

Yep, I love mine.  I just can't believe the degree to which people will go to say it sucks.

I tell you, I own a USP and a Sig and they are both good guns and both have their drawbacks (USP, no hi-caps, pricey : Sig, pricey, a little more muzzle flip than I like, not really as reliable as everyone claims) and I don't hear people yelling from the rooftops about those.

The Beretta is great gun at a good price and people could do a lot worse than picking up a 90 series.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 2:35:45 PM EDT
[#34]
i should have seen the sarcasm, but i didn't.
therefor, troll would be inaccurate.
The only thing i dislike about my beretta is its DAO, i did install some reduced pull parts that brownells sells. they helped, but i sure miss having the hammer cocked.
Do you think you'll ever shoot it enough to wear it out? what do you do with a vehicle thats got high mileage?[.:/]
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 9:49:49 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
i should have seen the sarcasm, but i didn't.
therefor, troll would be inaccurate.
The only thing i dislike about my beretta is its DAO, i did install some reduced pull parts that brownells sells. they helped, but i sure miss having the hammer cocked.
Do you think you'll ever shoot it enough to wear it out? what do you do with a vehicle thats got high mileage?[.:/]

I will probably not shoot it until it wears out.
At the rate I shoot and if lasts 35K, then that will take about 10 years.  

Chances are in 10 years I will switch over to another gun for some reason or another.

I usually drive my cars into the ground.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 4:45:00 PM EDT
[#36]
u
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top