Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/31/2005 11:14:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/31/2005 11:35:39 AM EDT by Ungwaha]
My Dad gave me a Winchester model 1897 12 ga b4 he died and I want to get is fixed so I can use it. I was wondering if y'all know of any GOOD gunsmiths? I was told by a local 'smith that it was worth more broken then fixed.

Here is what i stamped in the barrel:

manufacured by Winchester Repeating Arms co. New Haven, Conn USA
PAT Nov 25, 90 DEC.92.JULY.21.96.FEB.22.98 JUNE 14.98 OCT.16.1900.DEC.25.06.JULY.05.10

Any help will be much appreicated.

Rich B
Orlando, FL

edited beacuse i am an idiot by forgetting the word help in my title
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 11:37:08 PM EDT
What's wrong with it?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:43:14 PM EDT
The pump action won't engage the bolt and the trigger drops by itself. There also some slop between the barrel and reciver.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:50:20 AM EDT
i've heard others directed to the S.A.S.S. (single action shooters society). they shoot orginal weapons like this all the time and have to keep them running. do a web search for them, sure they would be able to help.
Top Top