Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2004 8:36:58 AM EDT
Looking for some good 5.11 pants or Propper but have no idea where to get them.

Need some good knee pads too.. i'd like some gel ones.  Anyone recommend any?

Also looking for a drop leg mag pouch for 3 30rd ar15 mags.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 10:54:19 AM EDT
[#1]
5.11 pants- Try Lightfighter or The Wilderness

Knee pads-  Altas are the absolute best. Get them with the buckle.  Get them at SKD Tactical and Lightfighter

3mag drop leg- try SOTech
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 12:05:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe that Grant at G&R Tactical carries the 5.11s also.

He is fantastic to deal with!

Link Posted: 8/5/2004 12:23:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I tried lightfighter but of course.. they are completely out of everything.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I believe that Grant at G&R Tactical carries the 5.11s also.

He is fantastic to deal with!

I'll second that one! I think Grant is even having a group buy for 5.11 pants at the moment.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 1:26:56 PM EDT
[#5]
An alternative to the 5.11 pants are the Cabela's Trailhikers.  They come in more sizes and colors than the 5.11, come hemmed to your specific length, and can be as much as $10 cheaper per pair.  I have 3 pair, and wear them daily, including to matches and classes.  Very comfortable and durable.  The difference is really in the back...Trailhikers have conventional rear patch pockets with velcro flaps, and no strap.

Knee pads:  Alta.

Drop leg rig:  Try Tactical Tailor for a modular panel, and then pick the pocket/configuration you want.

Tactical Tailor also carries Alta, but only in black.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 1:30:28 PM EDT
[#6]
ZMEJA,

I'm wearing a pair of those pants right now, as a matter of fact.

Vermilion,
They are very nice pants and are built with a nice, fairly heavy duty material.  They are very similar to the 5.11s and unless you absolutely have to have 5.11s, I would recommend you give a pair of these a shot.

Link Posted: 8/5/2004 2:11:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Tell me about it, my order has been on backorder for 6 weeks
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 2:30:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm sure lightfighter is excellent but he shouldn't keep advertising his shit when everything is out of stock.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 3:39:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Really, I ordered a new RAID pack and some other stuff this morning... in stock.  Do you guys know where the Lightfighter stores are located?  I feel somewhat relieved that they are out of stock of some stuff some times, that means that the people at the tip of the spear a probably well equipped.

When I was on active duty, I expected people to jump through hoops to get me stuff.  Now that I'm not gonna deploy anywhere anytime soon it is an inconvenience, but nothing more.

BTW, not too long ago 5.11 was offering the knee pad inserts free with their pants if you ordered factory direct.

-Randy
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 7:09:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Lightfighter Home Base is Fort Campbell, KY.

They also have a store at Fort Bragg.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 7:44:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Lightfighter Home Base is Fort Campbell, KY.

They also have a store at Fort Bragg.

Exactly... where those who need this stuff (because their lives depend on it) can drop in and pick it it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:14:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really, I ordered a new RAID pack and some other stuff this morning... in stock.  Do you guys know where the Lightfighter stores are located?  I feel somewhat relieved that they are out of stock of some stuff some times, that means that the people at the tip of the spear a probably well equipped.

When I was on active duty, I expected people to jump through hoops to get me stuff.  Now that I'm not gonna deploy anywhere anytime soon it is an inconvenience, but nothing more.

BTW, not too long ago 5.11 was offering the knee pad inserts free with their pants if you ordered factory direct.

-Randy

Thats funny, my R.A.I.D pack is one of the things on backorder
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:35:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Thats funny, my R.A.I.D pack is one of the things on backorder

3-color Desert, Woodland, and Black RAID packs were in stock this morning.  I know a guy who has been waiting for over two months for a coyote one, though.  OD green is probably a similar wait.

-Randy
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 12:48:15 AM EDT
[#14]
I would also suggest the Alta knee pads I just got a pair from SKD the other day, so far they look and feel great.
I have ordered through lightfighter about three times in the last month. I would recommend calling them directly at the number on their site. My first order I intially placed through the net then called them when what I wanted wasn't in stock, only the model of Camelback which was not that important to me because a similar model was available. Each of my orders were recieved within five business days of placing the order and after changing my model preference.
I will say that I can normally get my stuff from SKD within 2-3 days. I would not hesitate to do business with either company again.
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 8:13:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Ima give lightfighter another try since they have all the shit I want plus other things I can't live without.  I emailed em to see what stuff they have in stock.

• Blackhawk Omega Dropleg Mag Pouch

• Alta Superflex Buckle Kneepads

• Magpul Ranger Plates

• 5.11 Tactical Khaki Pants

• Also what boots do ya'll recommend?  I want desert types.. I saw those Danners on lightfighter but didn't like the 188 dollar price tag.  Now I know when it comes to boots you don't go cheap if you plan to wear them all the time as I have a few pair of red wings that weren't cheap.
    Link Posted: 8/6/2004 2:08:46 PM EDT
    [#16]
    Give the Wellco Tuffkushion Deserts a try ($88).  If you don't like those, then Belleville (direct) 390 (non-Goretex version) run a little over $100.  Both are good boots.

I like my Danner Desert Acadias, but am disappointed that more folks don't make their boots in the olive mojave (read:  darker tan) color...it doesn't show stains as much as the lighter desert boots.
    Link Posted: 8/6/2004 7:24:11 PM EDT
    [#17]
    Try diamondbacktactical.com they have everthing you could ever want.  Also Brigade Quartermaster actiongear.com carries 5.11 gear.
    Link Posted: 8/7/2004 10:06:44 AM EDT
    [#18]
    +1 for SKD Tactical, though I never did get an email back or my user name to work on the site.

Products were in stock and arrived in 4 days after ordering late on Saturday.

BTW, the HSGI Drop Leg mag pounches have to be some of the best, of not the best out there!!

-Redfoot
    Link Posted: 8/7/2004 10:23:00 AM EDT
    [#19]
    Link Posted: 8/7/2004 1:07:17 PM EDT
    [#20]
    Link Posted: 8/7/2004 1:08:15 PM EDT
    [#21]

Quoted:

8 weeks and counting for a SOTech vest...
    I talked to someone at SOTech, and they have a production request for one vest. I guess they are waiting for more orders to come in... so can't really blame lightfighter for the wait.

Link Posted: 8/8/2004 7:59:25 PM EDT
    [#22]
    Midway carries 5.11 gear now.
    Link Posted: 8/10/2004 1:49:28 PM EDT
    [#23]
    I emailed lightfighter and they responded saying every item I was looking for was out of stock.  

I dunno where else to get the exact items that I listed.
    Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:53:47 PM EDT
    [#24]
    Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:13:08 AM EDT
    [#25]
    No I haven't gotten any of the items and you seem to have them all YAY.  Also do you not carry 5.11 khaki's in 32x32?  Or should I get 34x32 since the mag pouch and holster will be on the belt?  I don't want it to suffocate me and I HATE having super tight pants on

Thanks SKD
    Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:03:23 AM EDT
    [#26]
    Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:15:22 AM EDT
    [#27]
    I'm gonna be using a OWB for shooting courses and IWB for concealed carry.  Have any pics of the Sotech?  On the HSGI how many mags does it hold?  And will the flap close if I have Magpul Rangeplates on the mags?

Thanks
    Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:31:15 AM EDT
    [#28]
    What leg pouches do you have from Sotech?
    Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:23:37 AM EDT
    [#29]
    Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
    Top Top