Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 4:19:03 PM EDT
A long time back somebody here on ar15.com showed a picture of a magazine that looked like the type that JA Ciener uses in his 30 round mags for the AR-15 and the Mini-14. It looked similar to the one shown in the picture below.

This picture actually shows a 30 round magazine for a PPS-50 and cost around $99 -- I'm showing this because it is similar to the type I'm looking for. I won't cut up a Ciener 30 round mag because the cost around $50 to $60. The person that showed the mag that was similar to the one in the picture mentioned they cost around $10 or $15.  I would guess the magazine is made in Europe and is used by just about everybody that sells 30 round 22lr mags -- they just add their little piece of sheet metal adapter to make it fit in their gun -- like Ciener does.

Does anybody remember where these mags can be found?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:15:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the maker of those mags was a company called "Bingham" (spelling?)

I'm sure some one knows.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:38:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a couple of Bingham 30 rounders that were made for a Ruger 10/22 with an adapter. They look just like yours only with out the bump. They are also just like Ciener's except the mag blocks he uses. I would guess he bought the tooling from someone. I called once and asked if I could get them plain for full price and he said no and hung up on me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:57:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have a couple of Bingham 30 rounders that were made for a Ruger 10/22 with an adapter. They look just like yours only with out the bump. They are also just like Ciener's except the mag blocks he uses. I would guess he bought the tooling from someone. I called once and asked if I could get them plain for full price and he said no and hung up on me.

I have been wondering if he buys those magazines (minus the add-on magwell adapter) from another company. I have seen the magazines being used for other types of rifles that were not associated with Ciener. At one time Ciener got in trouble with the BATF because he had the parts all seperate and would put them together as needed. The BATF said he was building new magazines -- this was when the ban was still in affect. He uses the same 30 round mag for the AR-15, Mini-14 and an AK-47 conversion, of course with different magwell adapters attached to them. Ciener must have tons of those magazine parts stashed away!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top