Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2009 4:22:49 AM EDT
I just got a Hornady case trimmer that seems to work well. I'm kind of burned out on the manual hand held deburring tool. Any ideas on a good deburfing tool to take the manual labor, ( as my name's not Manual)  out of the picture?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:27:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:38:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Perhaps you need to re-think your tool selection?

There are cutters/tools that will trim and chamfer/deburr at the same time.

Examples.......

http://www.matchprep.com/

http://www.giraudtool.com/

Aloha, Mark

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:45:06 AM EDT
[#3]
RCBS Trim Mate, will deburr, chamfer, remove crimps, uniform flash holes(with added tool), uniform primer pockets, and clean them at the same time. I love mine and wounder why I waited so long to buy it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:54:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Cheapest drill press from Harbor Freight set on lowest speed + deburring tool holder/adaptor from MIdway + standard deburring tool = easy and fast way to deburr.  Bonus:  You can drill holes too!
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:32:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

RCBS Trim Mate, will deburr, chamfer, remove crimps, uniform flash holes(with added tool), uniform primer pockets, and clean them at the same time. I love mine and wounder why I waited so long to buy it.

I just picked up a Trim Mate on Sunday. Good stuff! I just wished it was geared a little faster.

Do you have a link for the Flash Hole tool? I didn't know they had one for the Trim Mate!

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:29:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Cheapest drill press from Harbor Freight set on lowest speed + deburring tool holder/adaptor from MIdway + standard deburring tool = easy and fast way to deburr.  Bonus:  You can drill holes too!

....this....
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:56:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I just picked up a Trim Mate on Sunday. Good stuff! I just wished it was geared a little faster.    

Do you have a link for the Flash Hole tool? I didn't know they had one for the Trim Mate!

Hornady crimp remover , screws right into Trim mate.

Flash hole uniformer is a RCBS tool, comes with the Trim Mate IIRC.

Flash hole deburer, take handle off the RCBS hand tool and screw into Trim Mate.

One of those must be what you meant.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:06:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Perhaps you need to re-think your tool selection?

There are cutters/tools that will trim and chamfer/deburr at the same time.

Examples.......

http://www.matchprep.com/

http://www.giraudtool.com/

Aloha, Mark

What's the pro's / con's of the Gracey trimmer vs. the Giraud?  Other than being cheaper, is the Gracey basically the same thing?

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 2:45:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

....this....

I bought the small Sears bench top drill press primarily for brass prep.  Yep, you can drill holes too.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:28:36 PM EDT
[#10]
There is no pro's or con's The Giruad Trimmer is the Best Powered Trimmer Period!  No peers!
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:21:55 PM EDT
[#11]
The Giraud is the latest.  

The Gracey is, "old school."

I use the Gracey because I bought them before there was a Giraud.   Some have claimed/said that the Gracey motor is "under powered."  

I don't know........mine are hooked up to a powder drill.  

Note that I have two.  I didn't want to mess with changing and/or making adjustments when I went from .308 Win to .223 rem.

Aloha, Mark

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top