Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2002 4:55:45 PM EDT
I have had some problems with one of my rifles and FTF's.  This afternoon, I had my homebrew bolt carrier and my Colt R6700 bolt carrier out, comparing them.  Naturally, I had a brain fart and am not sure which bolt carrier goes in the Colt.  One is completely open on the bottom, kind of like an upside down "U", when looking at it from the back, the other is a complete round circle on the back, with a small groove at the bottom.  Can someone tell me which one Colt uses??

Thanks.

Bob
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 4:59:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Colt: One is completely open on the bottom, kind of like an upside down "U", when looking at it from the back

Non-Colt:the other is a complete round circle on the back, with a small groove at the bottom
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 5:45:36 PM EDT
[#2]
OSA is right. It's Colt's little trick for keeping you from installing a lightning link in your gun.

I feel so much safer now.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 6:22:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
OSA is right. It's Colt's little trick for keeping you from installing a lightning link in your gun.

I feel so much safer now.

Come on Ponyboy, it's for the kids!
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 6:27:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info, guys.

Bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top