-3x powered integrated optic

DMR version of same gun:
-24 inch heavy barrel
-Knights Armament bipod adapter
-Harris bipod
-2020 forward rail
-CAA folding grip

-------------------
Steyr AUG A3 M1 long rail receiver with 9mm kit.
-16 inch barrel, non-folding grip
-Aimpoint T-2
-iron sights from a CZ Bren/Scorpion EVO (allows a 1/3 co-witness or so)
-Streamlight TLR-1
-Steyr AUG sling

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:16:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice, but you like Aug a lot as by your collection.

Good stuff

Max
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:02:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Those evo sights look great on the 9mm.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:08:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome collection. I only have one, but it's my non work go to stick.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:16:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I've recently wondered how those CZ sights would work on top of the M1 optic as a sort of back up sight. If you get a chance, let us know how they work.

Nice AUG's, we have some similar guns. Did you get in on the LMG parts?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:11:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've recently wondered how those CZ sights would work on top of the M1 optic as a sort of back up sight. If you get a chance, let us know how they work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'll throw them on tomorrow and snap some pics.

If someone were to run an M1 with the optic, without an RDS assuming the CZ sights clear the top adjustment nob. It could be a good, low profile, always ready solution.  Because lets be honest. The "backup sights" on the M1 optic housing are the worst ever on any AUG.
Quoted:

Thanks.

I haven't gotten in on the LMG parts. It's been in the back of my mind for months though. Even if I were to not use them. They'd be cool to have. And I get the parts are expensive, just like any Steyr product really. But the cost of buying them and using them is expensive, bordering on ludicrous. I thought it'd be cool to get the parts and them the heavy bipod to use on a DMR AUG like Uruguay does. But that's $1000 just for the parts to throw on the 24 inch barrel. Well see I guess. What I did is a good alternative. My option is a lot cheaper and looks appropriate and is plenty durable. Maybe I'll get in on the parts anyways.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:14:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Those evo sights look great on the 9mm.
View Quote

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the looks and functionality of them for the gun.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:20:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks. I was gonna use the M1 with the M2 and integrated optic of as my newer house gun. But after getting a 9mm kit. I decided I'm gonna go the 9mm AUG route for the house and get the barrel threaded for a suppressor. It will be a good gun for the house. And quite to boot.

Which is why I bothered and got some backup sights to throw on the 9mm AUG. Aimpoints rarely fail. But I wanted to have something on the gun just in case Darwin (I'm forgetting the more proper name..) or his friends show up. Not many options out there in that type of setup. And I didn't need the T-2 to be any higher.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:35:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice rifles , I only have one
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:39:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks. I was gonna use the M1 with the M2 and integrated optic of as my newer house gun. But after getting a 9mm kit. I decided I'm gonna go the 9mm AUG route for the house and get the barrel threaded for a suppressor. It will be a good gun for the house. And quite to boot.

Which is why I bothered and got some backup sights to throw on the 9mm AUG. Aimpoints rarely fail. But I wanted to have something on the gun just in case Darwin (I'm forgetting the more proper name..) or his friends show up. Not many options out there in that type of setup. And I didn't need the T-2 to be any higher.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have the A3M1 with the tall / long rail. I then installed a T1 in a LaRue HK mount and also bought / installed Troy HK micros. Makes the rail rather busy , but actually works very well.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#10]
The first one with that brake must be louder than shit.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:02:49 PM EDT
[#11]
nice set!!  thanks for sharing
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Wasn't tech
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:35:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

As promised, some pics. I didn't shoot the gun with the CZ irons on top of the scope housing. But I think they would work well. And if you wanted to be triple redundant. You could throw a small red dot inbetween them.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:35:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Oooh, link to CZ sights?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:46:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks like it will work well, going to have to get a set to try myself. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:52:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Oooh, link to CZ sights?
View Quote

I bought my set off of ebay, so they were substantially cheaper. And CZUSA was out of the adjustable ones when I bought them.

http://shop.cz-usa.com/cz-products/scorpion-evo-3-s1-pistol/sights

Unless you can find a set of the normal evo/bren sights for cheaper. I'd go with the LPA ones listed. I was going to buy those originally. But when I decided to buy them they went out of stock. And then after I got my set from ebay, they came back in stock. Certainly a little bit different look and profile. But I'm sure the LPA sights would work just as well.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:05:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Awesome collection.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:06:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I bought my set off of ebay, so they were substantially cheaper. And CZUSA was out of the adjustable ones when I bought them.

Unless you can find a set of the normal evo/bren sights for cheaper. I'd go with the LPA ones listed. I was going to buy those originally. But when I decided to buy them they went out of stock. And then after I got my set from ebay, they came back in stock. Certainly a little bit different look and profile. But I'm sure the LPA sights would work just as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oooh, link to CZ sights?

Are these the LPA sights?

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:26:25 PM EDT
[#19]
nice

now i'm kicking myself for not getting the 9mm kit
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:29:44 PM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oooh, link to CZ sights?

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/maleantemalandro/STG_77/9MM%20AUG%20MP88/9mmXS_zpsa52e8f8d.jpg

Can't be one-hundred percent certain. But they appear to be the same ones. It's one of the reason I went looking for the LPA sights originally. I know some of the EVO pistols shipped with the LPA sights from the CZ factory.

They seem to be a better quality version of ones I've seen on airsoft AUG 9mm XS guns.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:33:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
nice

now i'm kicking myself for not getting the 9mm kit
View Quote

Thanks.

I actually didn't get the kit until fairly recently. So I paid a few hundred more than what they were selling for when Pete and Ratworx had them (plenty expensive). But I'm glad to have it and it's sure to be a lot of fun. I'll be threading the barrel and the gun will be the new house gun. So I paid a lot, a bit more than they were selling for a few years ago. But with te rarity of these. They will only get more expensive.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:17:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The first one with that brake must be louder than shit.
View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:18:32 PM EDT
[#23]
I actually  love the look of flash hider/comp. that came with the  Sabre Defence A3

I haven't noticed that they were louder than the tulip type

you still need at least one more Aug OP

white cqc?  

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:31:39 PM EDT
[#24]
xxx
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:51:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Beautiful collection
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:53:09 PM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oooh, link to CZ sights?

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss12/maleantemalandro/STG_77/9MM%20AUG%20MP88/9mmXS_zpsa52e8f8d.jpg

Sexy!
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Nice, need to call Sir Mix-a-lot to update "Baby Got Back."
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Nice, need to call Sir Mix-a-lot to update "Baby Got Back."
View Quote

That's kinda where I got the title for this thread.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 2:16:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Jack, are you the one who bought my AUG A1
a few weeks ago? Just curious.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top