Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2001 7:44:36 AM EDT

I've been looking for a CQB type gun, and I think I found what I was looking for.  This thing has rails for accessory attachments, attachment hole for a lanyard.  I am very impressed w/ it so far.  It's a Christmas present so I can't shoot it until Christmas.  I can't wait.  Anybody else have one of these.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:53:42 AM EDT
[#1]
My Dad (WX) has the 40 Compact in stainless.  Its a great gun, accurate, eats anything you feed it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 9:20:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats on your purchase. I have three now, HK USP .40 varient #7, HK USP .40 varient #1, and most recently HK Tactical .45 w/ AO express sights.

You won't be disappointed...
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 9:37:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Congradulations! You'll love your USP. I have the USPc.45 and absolutely love it. It's as fine of a pistol as I've ever owned or fired....ever. Can never go wrong with HK.

Now if I could just manage to get a P7-M13, an MP-5 and a UMP45 in to my collection I'd die a happy man.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 9:46:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I have 3 USP's and love them all: USP .45, USP .45 Compact, USP 9mm Compact.

Be sure to clean it and apply a little lube before you shoot it the first time.  It seems that there are known extraction/stovepipe problems the first couple times out.  After initial break-in and lubing the extractor/ejector(?) it runs like a champ!  I found that putting a drop of lube into each hole on top of the slide helps cure the problem.  I got that info from HKPro.com.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 10:53:09 AM EDT
[#5]
 FWIW Dept......My Agency just tested several sidearms and the H&K came in #2 behind the SIG's. Now one must remember that our selection is made for an AVERAGE officer. As well as taking training consideration ,  cost, and several other unique situations into account.
Personally I was SO impressed that I just ordered a compact in .45 for myself. I think they are a very nice pistol. The ability to change it into several variants is also very appealing. Biggest thing for me was its accuracy, extremely smooth and crisp trigger, and the H&K quality.

FN
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 11:37:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I have 4 USPs.  A 9mm Compact, a Stainless .40 Compact, a .40 fullsize, and a .45 Match.  Love them all.  I've had zero problems with any of them as well.  I think you'll love it.  If not, just send it to me for proper disposal.  No charge.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 12:51:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got a USP 40 full size in stainless and a USP 40 compact in stainless and both of them are great and have had no problems.  Great guns!!!!
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 1:03:08 PM EDT
[#8]
HK=My fav.   I got an HK USP40 in stainless.  As long as you pull the trigger, and have plenty of ammo, it will keep on going, and going, and going, and going, and going, and......well you get the idea.  Havent had one jam at all what so ever in my HK.  I have a couple thousand rounds through mine.  You will like it.  Good luck.  Have fun.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 2:20:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Have one.  Like it alot.  Would like to buy a USP 40 compact, but still debating.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 6:30:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a USP45 and a USP40C. I absolutley love them. Ya' done good. :)
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 10:45:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Excellent choice of firearm.  I like the type 1 variant because of its ability to be kept locked and loaded like a 1911 or hammer down and safety on.  The flexibility is very nice.

You will probably find that target 115gr 9mm may shoot a bit low.  The USP 9c I was shooting definitely preferred hot ammo and had best accuracy with 147 grain loads.

Regardless, I think you made an excellent choice.  Honestly, when you are talking Sig-Glock-H&K, they are all very fine pieces of equipment.

Good luck and happy dafe shooting!
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 10:55:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Only problem with the USP Compacts is the terrible trigger, which takes some getting used to.  Its still better than a Glock though!!
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 11:09:03 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
 FWIW Dept......My Agency just tested several sidearms and the H&K came in #2 behind the SIG's. Now one must remember that our selection is made for an AVERAGE officer. As well as taking training consideration ,  cost, and several other unique situations into account.
FN

Ughh...My department currently issues the SIG 229 to all officers.  The majority of our department is highly unsatisfied with this as a standard issue sidearm.  One has to consider that many cops are not avid shooters and most likely dont think much about weapon maintenance.  Our experiance with the SIG's has found them very sensitive to the environments (rain, mud, etc...)  All of them are very prone to rusting as well.  It is a very high maintenance firearm.  I for one am not a big fan of the SIG's but find it adequate as a duty weapon.  Then again I also clean and maintain mine frequently.  

I do find that the SIG line is great for civilians who will not be carrying their weapon exposed to the environments all the time.  Iown a SIG 226 that I find is a good home defense weapon.

Overall it is my strong belief that the Glock line of weapons is great for law enforcement.  Simple, easy to maintain and virtually indestructable.  

Any how I wish your department better luck with the SIG's then our has had.  Luckily the service life is almost ended on these and it will be time for rebidding on new duty weapons.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top