Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/22/2008 2:10:36 PM EST
I called up Major Malfunction today and ordered me a Spectre .22LR from SWR.

I also got the pusher tool just in case.

In two weeks time, it will arrive at my dealer's office and I will be able to submit my form 4.

Meantime, if anyone would like to offer some advice on my new trust, please chime in at my other thread, here.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:36:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/22/2008 2:39:26 PM EST by Tite_Shot_VA]

Originally Posted By FortyFiveAutomatic:

In two weeks time, it will arrive at my dealer's office and I will be able to submit my form 4.

Meantime, if anyone would like to offer some advice on my new trust, please chime in at my other thread, here.

How the heck will it be at your dealers office in 2 weeks? I don't know of anyone that is getting Form3's cleared in under 3 weeks right now, let alone approved and delivered in 2 weeks. Usually takes 3 weeks to get approved, another week to return mail to the manufacturer/dealer then however long it takes to ship to me. Never 2 weeks in total time!

Thats a very bold statement to tell a customer. I am definitely interested in hearing the timeline on this one. If MAJOR can get F3's to clear in a week and get it delivered within 2 weeks then I need to call him and find out how I can get mine to clear that fast, boy would my customers be happy about that!

Not trying to rain on your parade but I just don't see how its possible even if all the conditions were PERFECT which they aren't by far.

I will wait to raise the BS flag on Major M. until I see some timeline.

-TS

ETA: I understand this is your first NFA transfer so you are not aware of the process and the accurate timelines. I have been through it many times for personal toys and a dealer for awhile now and the numbers don't add up. -TS
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:47:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By Tite_Shot_VA:

How the heck will it be at your dealers office in 2 weeks? I don't know of anyone that is getting Form3's cleared in under 3 weeks right now, let alone approved and delivered in 2 weeks. Usually takes 3 weeks to get approved, another week to return mail to the manufacturer/dealer then however long it takes to ship to me. Never 2 weeks in total time!

Thats a very bold statement to tell a customer. I am definitely interested in hearing the timeline on this one. If MAJOR can get F3's to clear in a week and get it delivered within 2 weeks then I need to call him and find out how I can get mine to clear that fast, boy would my customers be happy about that!

Not trying to rain on your parade but I just don't see how its possible even if all the conditions were PERFECT which they aren't by far.

I will wait to raise the BS flag on Major M. until I see some timeline.

-TS

ETA: I understand this is your first NFA transfer so you are not aware of the process and the accurate timelines. I have been through it many times for personal toys and a dealer for awhile now and the numbers don't add up. -TS

Ah you know, seeing as it is my first transfer, you're probably right -- I'm sure I misunderstood the timeline.

But regardless, I am pretty excited that I have committed to this can. Can't wait till it's in my hands, man!
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:00:17 PM EST
As you should be excited, the wait will kill you!

Well not really but its stressful for the first one and thereafter its just a game you have to play. As soon as you forget about the transfer(yes forget) it will be approved, happens everytime.

Congrats on your purchase you chose very wisely!

You are looking at this timeline(may vary slightly)
-3 weeks to get an approved F3 to your dealer(as long as Major has their FFL?SOT already on file)
-1 week for it to be returned after its approved by the ATF.
-1 week to ship it to your dealer(Major has alot of business)
-1 week for your dealer to get you the forms and you do your part.
-1 day at the range at your dealers to play with your can and start thinking about how long this will take.
-3-7 weeks to get it approved by the ATF
-1 week till your dealer to get the forms back form the ATF
-23 minutes from the time he calls you till you are on his doorstep asking to do the transfer!

Thats a pretty accurate timeline(based on my experience acquiring it personally and as a C3 dealer.)

-TS
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 11:01:55 AM EST
Well you were right. It is a bit of a waiting game...

Dave over at Texas Gun Store in Cedar Park, TX called me up on Aug 26 to say that the Spectre had arrived at his business and that they were ready to do the Form 4 stuff. Approx. 1 month from the time I ordered the can to its arrival at my ffl/sot.

So I walked in yesterday to get all the forms done and my trust paperwork submitted. Dave put it all together for me so all I have to do is drop it by the post office and it's good to go.

I got to fondle my suppressor for a lil bit. A wave of EVIL crept over me as I did. It's a bit heavy, but its ok cuz it makes it feel tough.

Hopefully the ATF won't take TOO long. Here's hoping...

Link Posted: 8/31/2008 11:08:17 AM EST

Well you were right. It is a bit of a waiting game...

Dave over at Texas Gun Store in Cedar Park, TX called me up on Aug 26 to say that the Spectre had arrived at his business and that they were ready to do the Form 4 stuff. Approx. 1 month from the time I ordered the can to its arrival at my ffl/sot.

So I walked in yesterday to get all the forms done and my trust paperwork submitted. Dave put it all together for me so all I have to do is drop it by the post office and it's good to go.

I got to fondle my suppressor for a lil bit. A wave of EVIL crept over me as I did. It's a bit heavy, but its ok cuz it makes it feel tough.

Hopefully the ATF won't take TOO long. Here's hoping...

Wish I could give you a fuzzy feeling but I have 4 transfers that are now sitting at 10 weeks and they are not even pending! They are all trust/coorporation transfers so it should be quick once the ATF sees them as pending.

If you get it through quikly please let me know as that would indicate a problem with my examiner.

My customers haven't complained yet so they apparently haven't waited long enough, as soon as they do I know theres an issue!

-TS
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 11:18:05 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2008 11:18:53 AM EST by FortyFiveAutomatic]
How do you know that they are pending? Do you check online?
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 12:45:49 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/1/2008 11:58:20 AM EST by ORinTX]

How do you know that they are pending? Do you check online?

You can call and ask.
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 2:52:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2008 2:53:48 PM EST by TabbieEater]
I use to think the cash was the killer part. No it is The wait.

Just a heads up i waited 83 days for my last form four to clear and i mailed June 6,2008 paper work came back it August-27-08. I hope yours takes less time.

I have heard good things about the specter.
As all .22 cans take it apart BEFORE you shoot it and anti seize the threads and baffle stack(you wont regret doing this). I didn't do this with my tac65 and well lets say it was bad

Bryon at Major Malfunctions is top notch. I bought my last can from him and will be looking at either a 5.56 or a 7.62 can next.
Congrats on getting the ball rolling.

Don't forget the pictures when you get it.

Link Posted: 8/31/2008 3:21:54 PM EST
The last form 4 I had was sent May 17 and took 99 days do be approved. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 3:27:25 PM EST

Originally Posted By NorthernBornRebel:
The last form 4 I had was sent May 17 and took 99 days do be approved. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Oh well, I have plenty of time to get my 10/22 barrel threaded, then.
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 3:39:33 PM EST

Yup, and pick up a .22 pistol with a threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 3:48:40 PM EST
good choice on the can. its probably the best .22 can on the market.
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 4:06:03 PM EST

Already got the Walther P22 with the YHM 1/2x28 thread adaptor and viridian laser

She's getting awful anxious to meet her better half
Link Posted: 8/31/2008 4:29:01 PM EST

Already got the Walther P22 with the YHM 1/2x28 thread adaptor and viridian laser

She's getting awful anxious to meet her better half

I bet....I just put my Tac65 on my Sig Mosquito and put about 600 rounds through it the other day.....wow was that fun!
Top Top