Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2008 10:46:36 AM EDT
I am too embarrassed to go through the list, but I more than qualify for AR junky status now.    I thought I was done for a while.  Then I found a local dealer with cans in stock, so I bought a Phantom SS 5.56 and a Tac 65 22lr (with flames!) this morning.  The dealer said 6 weeks was pretty normal on the paperwork wait, as they usually get the same reviewer at batfe.  A guy picking up an item confirmed less than 6 weeks for what he was picking up.  I was expecting 3-4 months, so anything less than that is a bonus.  I'll post some pics when I get them home and married up.  Edit: These are my first suppressors.

One question.  I bought a 5k box of CCI bulk pack 22lr from Sportsmansguide.  It was too cheap to pass up.  It is blazer and has the lead colored heads.  Do any of you use that stuff?  Is it going to cause my Spikes 22lr upper, the new can, or my Henry lever gun any trouble?  Is it going to pop pretty loudly coming out of a 16" barrel with a can on it?

Thanks!  

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:33:33 PM EDT
[#1]
CCI regular velocity will go supersonic from a 16" barrel, so you will hear the crack.  It should be fine ammo though.  Welcome to the quiet club.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:58:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:35:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info on the CCI.  I'm really looking forward to trying these cans out.  I've been debating getting one (or two) for a while, but didn't want to be on any more lists.  I decided I was already on enough lists, and these may not be available much longer, so I went for it.  This forum, as usual, was very helpful in helping me decide what to get.

GreenO, I didn't even know they had a Tac65 with flames, but when he took it out of the box, that's what was in there.  I liked it, so I paid the extra $20 to get that one.  By the way, I would probably have bought a Checkmate if I could have found one locally.  Those seem like nice cans.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top