Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2006 8:23:59 AM EDT
I picked up a used commerical carbine copy from a fellow ARF.commer a few months ago, and would like to know more about it.  However, after buying and reading Scott Duff's book, as well as surfing here and at Battlerifles, I still don't know fully what I have.  The books and market for carbines seem to be geared more towards USGI guns instead of copies.  Is there a resource out there who can help me figure out what I have?

From what I can see, the receiver has a later sight on it that obscures the manufacturers' name.  I think it is either a "H" or  "K" followed by a lower case "o".  The serial number is on the left side of the receiver, just aft of where it meets the top handguard.  I don't see any markings on the barrel, but it seems to be machined like a USGI barrel would be.  Due to differences in finish on the metal parts, it appears to be put together from parts.  It has the lever-type safety, and can hold 30 round magazines, but no mags drop free.

It runs well, but on two occasions I've had primer strikes on American Eagle ball...they seemed deep enough like the fired cases, so I'm not sure if it was an ammo issue or a firing pin issue.

I'll post pictures here if someone is willing to help.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:03:05 AM EDT
[#1]
The only non-USGI I know about are Plainfield Machine, Universal, IMI and Kahr Arms. Not sure if National Ordnance made some too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top