Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2007 8:05:06 PM EDT
Inland, think it's been rebarreled, the crown has no finish to it...I replaced the wooden stock with a Ramline a long time ago to give it that evil black rifle look...

Loaded up all my 15 and 30 rd mags about 20 in all and spent 2.5 hours cleaning it real good.  Got as much of the carbon as humanly possible off the gas piston, made the gas port wasn't clogged, and went to the range.  The mags were loaded with Winchester Q3132 factory ammo.

First range session I went through about 1/2 the mags, every 3rd mag I'd get a failure to feed, a round would be 1/2 in the chamber and 1/2 in the mag.  Figured I have weak mag springs or something.

Today about 3 weeks later, went through another 10 mags, every one had a jam, especially the 30 rd mags, I'd have multiple failures to feed.  Once a round actually got chambered it would extracted ok, but the next round wouldn't chamber.  I even wiped down the feed ramp a couple of times, didn't seem to help much.

I'm about ready to give up on this gun, it's causing more agravaation than enjoyment.

Any ideas of how to make this gun enjoyable again?
Link Posted: 6/10/2007 9:50:55 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
New springs all around. A cleaning according to the GI manual and get rid of that stock.

where can I get these springs?  Thank you

$25 for the kit from Riverbank Armory.

www.riverbankarmory.com

Yeah, and get rid of that damn plastic stock.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 4:41:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Are the mags GI?? If not.. that is the cause right there....
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 6:02:26 AM EDT
[#3]
That stock belongs on a knock off Plainfield or something.

Send the whole gun to me and I'll see what's wrong.  The servivce is free but it takes about 25 years to be thorough.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 4:06:05 PM EDT
[#4]
You could be sent to prison for bad talking a M1 Carbine!
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 4:07:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the only solution is to send the Carbine to me.

Link Posted: 6/11/2007 5:00:12 PM EDT
[#6]
AR: Spring sets are also available from Brownells.  Excellent used USGI stocks available from Reese Surplus.  I kinda like that Ramline stock.  Carbine so stocked looks like a Ruger 10-/22 on steroids!
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Send it to me. It's not worth the frustration.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I have put a few of those Ram-line stocks on customer's rifles over the years. I have had to modify every single one to get them to work. Your operating rod is most likely rubbing the stock on the right side, and underneath the front of the op rod. In a few cases the stock tang screw was too tight and had to be backed out so the barreled action could seat correctly. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 6/13/2007 9:34:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have put a few of those Ram-line stocks on customer's rifles over the years. I have had to modify every single one to get them to work. Your operating rod is most likely rubbing the stock on the right side, and underneath the front of the op rod. In a few cases the stock tang screw was too tight and had to be backed out so the barreled action could seat correctly. Hope this helps.

My thoughts as well.  On a Garand, with the recoil spring removed, the bolt and slide should cycle by gravity alone.  I don't know if it applies to Carbines as well but you should be able to get a much better feel of any dragging issues with the recoil spring removed.
Link Posted: 6/13/2007 12:59:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/13/2007 5:20:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Bidding begins with me--I bid a hundred dollars.

GR
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 6:56:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Check the bore and ensure the bore is not shot out on carbines and garands if the bore is opened too mush not enough gas will get to the piston causing weak cycling go to a gun smith and get the barrel gaged it takes 2 minuets
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 6:10:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Just wanted you to know I didn't sleep well last night knowning you had  some foreign plastic stock on a piece of History. Please find good wood for her before the rifle gods cast down furry upon you . Lock your doors at night and keep the good book near. You have been warned. WarDawg
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 7:29:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Send it to fulton armory for a tech inspection. They can get it running.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 1:21:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You could should be sent to prison for bad talking a M1 Carbine!
Fixed it for you
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 2:57:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Please find good wood for her before the rifle gods cast down furry upon you .

Yes. You wouldn't want furry sent down upon you.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Carbine is next on my list.

Dibs on yours if you check out before I do.

Danny
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 7:48:18 PM EDT
[#18]
You think you hate your M1 Carbine??
Mine busted on its first range trip and its been sitting in my closet for the last 3 years waiting to be fixed or sold.

And yes... its a Universal by the way.
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 8:00:55 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Furry what sent down?  Beaver?  Pie?
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 4:53:31 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Furry what sent down?  Beaver?  Pie?

LOL.... I just caught that. Yes FURRY... I mean an UGLY woman, a good 350 + with more chins than a Chinese phone book. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WarDawg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top