Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2008 2:02:02 PM EDT
One was for my oldest who actually wanted a Mosin but I like the Mauser better. I got that one from AIM.

I saw the old day that AIM was out of them so I decided to get myself one from ClassicArms before they disappear or become ridiculously priced. The stock on the one from Classic appears to be in better shape.

I'm going to set mine up with a S&K Scout mount for a Scout setup.

I'll post some pics of the cosmo cleaning and scoping process.
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 3:37:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Merry Christmas!

Good choice, by the way. They are great rifles. Mine was my best shooting mauser.
Link Posted: 12/26/2008 8:04:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Pics or it didn't happen
Link Posted: 1/3/2009 2:53:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's the picture. Yesterday my son and I stripped them and removed the cosmoline the best we could. Used lacquer thinner on all the metal parts. I ran out and bought a steamer at Lowe's but the water never really got hot enough to get the cosmo out of the wood. So I used hot soapy water on the stocks and then wiped them down with a towel. Did that 4 times. I figure there is still some in there but at least we can hold them now without getting all sticky.

Mine has a S&K Scout scope mount with a Simmons 4x32 long eye relief scope.

Can't wait to take them to the range which should happen next week.

Link Posted: 1/3/2009 4:55:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Did your Classic Arms Mauser have matching number? I might need to pick one of these up soon!

They look great!
Link Posted: 1/3/2009 5:23:00 PM EDT
[#5]
The 24/47 are a hell of a good shooter to, i have two k-98s and my  24/47 shoots better groups.
Link Posted: 1/3/2009 5:58:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The 24/47 are a hell of a good shooter to, i have two k-98s and my  24/47 shoots better groups.

are the 24/47s 8mm or 308??

going to the range soon with my K98, im still trying to find out which loads it likes best so ive hand loaded a few different batches of ammo.
Link Posted: 1/3/2009 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#7]
8mm.
Link Posted: 1/4/2009 8:41:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice Mausers!  The Yugo 24/47 I got from AIM is a great shooter.  Its my most accurate Mauser.  But after less than 100 rounds the bolt stop broke.  It was a cheap part and only took a few minutes to replace.
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 2:03:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Very nice looking pair there!
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 7:42:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm planning on taking them to the range on Thursday if it's not to muddy out. I'll post some pics.
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 6:26:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

going to the range soon with my K98, im still trying to find out which loads it likes best so ive hand loaded a few different batches of ammo.

What Caliber?? Oh Sh!t

Link Posted: 1/9/2009 8:23:13 PM EDT
[#12]
be cool now jpattersonnh
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 9:22:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What Caliber?? Oh Sh!t

i would say that i have detected a fuckhead on my shit-ometer, but, since K98s like i own are 8mm and 24/47s could be whatever that military chambered them to, im not too worried about myself being the dumbass.
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 7:53:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Hows that simmons scope work out on those,just look,s like they sit so far forward on the rifle.Let me know how you like it and where do get those and do you have to drill to mount it???
Link Posted: 1/15/2009 10:10:08 AM EDT
[#15]
poultond

Could you provide more information about the scope base on your Mauser? How much was it and where did you buy it? Maybe even throw in a close-up pic of the scope mount (if you could).

I got 2 24/47s from J&G myself and would very much like to scope one of them.

And, just to confirm, the Yugo 24/47 are very good shooters and do use 8mm ammo.

Thanks in advance

Link Posted: 3/12/2009 6:29:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorry it took so long to respond to this thread.

The scout scope mount is from S&K. Here's a Link from Cheaper Than Dirt for the mount.

It was very easy to install and did not require any drilling or tapping. You just remove the rear sight and put this in it's place. There are a few screws that are used to hold the mount in place. So far so good!!

The scope is a Simmons 4x32mm ProHunter Handgun Scope. Not expensive. I picked it up from a website based on the review someone left on the scope who mounted in on a Yugo M48. So far so good.

I'm pretty happy with the setup. I was at the range yesterday. Shooting Romanian surplus I wasn't sure how to sight it in but I've read somewhere that they were sighted to be 3" high at 100 yards so I sighted it in 2" high at 50 yards. I had holes touching each other when I was done adjusting the scope. Definitely going to take this rifle out during deer season sometime this year.

Link Posted: 3/12/2009 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Sweet setup!!
I love my Yugo M48.
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 9:54:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sorry it took so long to respond to this thread.

The scout scope mount is from S&K. Here's a Link from Cheaper Than Dirt for the mount.

It was very easy to install and did not require any drilling or tapping. You just remove the rear sight and put this in it's place. There are a few screws that are used to hold the mount in place. So far so good!!

The scope is a Simmons 4x32mm ProHunter Handgun Scope. Not expensive. I picked it up from a website based on the review someone left on the scope who mounted in on a Yugo M48. So far so good.

I'm pretty happy with the setup. I was at the range yesterday. Shooting Romanian surplus I wasn't sure how to sight it in but I've read somewhere that they were sighted to be 3" high at 100 yards so I sighted it in 2" high at 50 yards. I had holes touching each other when I was done adjusting the scope. Definitely going to take this rifle out during deer season sometime this year.

Thank you for the link and info!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:41:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Does anyone else sell the scope mount besides CTD?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:52:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Does anyone else sell the scope mount besides CTD?

Try centerfiresystems or even eBay.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top