Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2008 2:40:14 PM EST
Well I had been looking at a Henry for a year then I went to this old out of the way gunstore today and found a Armalite AR-7 $135. It is nice and matchs my flight helmet I used when I was flying until we went to grey. It is cammo.

Any good or bad things. I know it is ok accuracy but I have like the idea for awhile.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 6:41:55 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/19/2008 6:44:05 PM EST by DeRythre]
I wish mine was an original Armalite AR-7 ( its a Charter Arms 1970s ) . Unless Armalite started making them again , that's a steal - still would be a good deal , though ... desertdog.com makes a steel 1/2" x 28 threaded replacement barrel for them ...
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 10:16:00 PM EST
if it has never been fired, buy it and dont fire it. Worth about 300 bucks right now, especially since it is the cammo version.
Link Posted: 5/20/2008 8:20:31 PM EST
I was looking at an Armalite that was in used condition and showed it back in DEC. It was a consignment item tagged at $199.
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 7:49:53 AM EST
Well I hope I did ok.

I need to get the model number but it comes inthe old Armalite box with the old manual. I just read Armalite reintroduced it back in 1998 but I do not think this is one of them unless they came out with the same old book.

ffh
Link Posted: 5/23/2008 11:42:14 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/23/2008 11:46:43 PM EST by desertmoon]

Originally Posted By ffhounddog:
Well I hope I did ok.

I need to get the model number but it comes inthe old Armalite box with the old manual. I just read Armalite reintroduced it back in 1998 but I do not think this is one of them unless they came out with the same old book.

ffh

If I am right...an old AR7 should have a Pegasus logo on it, as the AR-7 pre dates the AR-15. The lion logo came later on during/after the AR-15 development phase....I think after Armalite spun of from Fairchild. Hell...for all I know it could be from the new Armalite.....I get all of this crap so confused anymore.
Link Posted: 5/29/2008 7:00:35 AM EST
I will have to look at it again.

Thanks all. I am going to like it alot me thinks.

Pick it up next week when my Ammo/Gun money come into play for June. Went over last month need keep on the budget. It is so hard with everything going up.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 2:32:13 AM EST
Pics please
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:30:44 AM EST
I will get it Friday.

Need to drop money off at the bank so I can buy it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:28:56 PM EST

Originally Posted By desertmoon:

Originally Posted By ffhounddog:
Well I hope I did ok.

ffh

If I am right...an old AR7 should have a Pegasus logo on it, as the AR-7 pre dates the AR-15. The lion logo came later on during/after the AR-15 development phase....I think after Armalite spun of from Fairchild. Hell...for all I know it could be from the new Armalite.....I get all of this crap so confused anymore.

It does have the old Peagasus logo on it. I need to go get more ammo for it. This gun is going to be fun.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 2:29:20 PM EST

Originally Posted By perimedik:
Pics please

When I find the old camera.
Top Top