Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2005 6:18:32 PM EDT
whore...

A 4" Smith model 66 followed me home today.  I'm normally of the school of thought that says the only room at the inn for a revolver at my place is spelled C-e-n-t-e-n-n-i-a-l..but this thing sort of called my name.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:06:17 PM EDT
[#1]
You are a vulnerable soul, but you did fine.

I own a 3" M65 and a 4" M18 .22 Combat Masterpice. I practice in the garage w/ the M18 (closed door) w/ Colibris, drill drill drill out of holster and from tabletop. That, plus lots of dry-fire on snap caps with the M65, has made me quick as can be to get the piece to hand, and I can get the first shot on 2" Shoot'N'See centers at 15 feet (or an 8" at 50 feet at the range) no sights without hesitation virtually every time, and more than 50% of the time weak-handed (left).

You can drill like this w/ revolvers at home safely, but it's hard to do w/ autopistol.  Also, I think the revolver is a VERY natural pointer, and is somewhat indifferent to bad initial grip positioning.

Fired DA deliberately, two-handed with sights, the M65 will print 135gr Gold Dots into a very decent 5" in at 25 yards. Short sight radius and long (but smooth) DA pull doesn't help; it can probably do better. But I've never seen the point in "benchresting" a short barreled defensive revolver in SA mode.

With 33% greater sight radius and shooting SA, you should do WAY better. My M18 goes under 2.5" at 25 yd. Enjoy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top