Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2013 9:15:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/24/2013 1:15:34 PM EST by FP2000H]
Been a Benchmade guy for a long time, really. Bought a Zero Tolerance a while back. It's a little too big for casual carry so I wanted something smaller. Turns out the Knockout is lighter at 3.6 ounces, and the frame is approximately .4" thick so it's very slim and easy to conceal. For an EDC, it's just about perfect for me. The clip facilitates deeper concealment. It's a really great design overall.

3.25" blade with a nice edge; it was razor sharp right out of the box. 14C28N stainless steel. Speedsafe assist like my ZT301 and sub-frame lock. At $70, I thought it a reasonable price for a Made in the US of A knife. I think a Piston is next on my list.

Obligatory pics:

I love the lock on this guy.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 9:46:42 PM EST
Very nice. I am in the market as well and will have to take a closer look at this one.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:16:24 PM EST
Now that is one sexy knife!! I love my Kershaw Minicyclone! Nothing better then an American made knife.

Link Posted: 7/23/2013 10:30:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/23/2013 10:38:27 PM EST by olds442tyguy]
I like the Knockout. With their recent shift towards only making their bling bling safe queen knives in the US, I'm glad a few good designs have made it through the China production filter.

I'm a KAI fanboy losing my enthusiasm in all honesty. I feel the same way I did about Gerber in the 90's, and CRKT just a few years later. So many good designs coming from them being pushed off to China and made with crap materials, but if you want an emerald studded flower engraved ZT with a blade made from 5 different steels you're in luck.

My opinion, the Knockout and the Piston are part of a dying breed for KAI/ZT. Hard use knives made for people who prefer US made products. I fully expect the 0350 to be their last "tactical" ZT that's not a tired rehash of a Hinderer design. Not saying the Hinderer design is bad, but they're definitely resting on their laurels at this point in the utilitarian/tactical market.

ETA: And no, I'm not a hater. Just a long time customer worn down by watching my favorite brand go down a bad path.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 12:55:55 AM EST
I like the style and blade shape of that knife.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:27:29 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Pants223:
Very nice. I am in the market as well and will have to take a closer look at this one.
View Quote

The only thing that doesn't make it ideal as a tactical/defensive knife is the lack of jumping along the spine for your thumb and the frame is kind of slick. For an EDC, it's awesome, though.

The Piston looks really good, too. Just watch the first minute of this video.

Page Armory » Blades
Top Top