Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2004 3:31:26 PM EDT
While I already have an L1A1, it's a CIA build that I got used.
But yesterday I completed my order for a DSA sa58 carbine with all the goodies.
In a couple of weeks I will be very very happy.

I had to skimp on the duracoat though.  I would've been forced to duracoat all the mags I already own too and they wanted 28 a pop for that.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Why would you be forced to Duracoat the mags
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:20:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know why on earth your'd duracoat the mags, but whatever.

Is it coming with a plain barrel, muzzle break, or flash suppressor?

I want to send mine back in to have a FS installed, but I need to hit the FDCC annual shoot and blow down the shoothouse first.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Is it coming with a plain barrel, muzzle break, or flash suppressor?

No flash suppressor for him, he's from NY!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:58:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I think i figured out why you would Duracoat mags. To match a camo finish, right?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:17:51 PM EDT
[#5]
yeah I would've gotten two duracoated mags with it... I got a couple of 30's that I also would've had done.  Then why stop there, etc. etc.  Probable would've sent them my scope (IOR 1.1-4x) and light (9 volt SF) as well and they wanted mucho dinero for all that.  

I got the carbine over the tactical carbine, for the built in brake.  they offered to install one on the tactical carbine, but they would cut me down to 16" total, so i said screw it, not worth the cash.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:20:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I got the X-stock, rail interface, scope mount, green furniture.  
To put on it I got the light, the scope on ARMS22H's a cheek pad and a harris bipod on the arms throw lever mount, and some green rail covers..  All in a discreet weapons case with 4 30 roudners (so far - I have more mag pockets to fill).
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:33:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Ya know, too bad you're not coming to the calverton shoot. I could have brought my 3 dsa's with me.. :)
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:53:56 PM EDT
[#8]
3!

My next rifle is a DSA 24" bull barrel - wanna be able to reach out and touch someone  .... [politically correct insert--->]  ...thing

Maybe dress it up like an izzy....
Either way after that its an M14 or M1A - thinking either a COMPLETE LRB build - fingers crossed for next year, socom or scout.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:18:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Opps did I say 3??? I meant 4! Plus a few prebans...  :)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top