Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2003 8:21:39 PM EDT
All of a sudden, I got a bug up my ass to get one of these.
This is the link from the Armalite site.
Check out the Advertisements link; PDF  The Eagle Arms AR10!  www.armalite.com/library/advertisements/EagleAr10AdFinal.pdf  

www.eagle-arms.com/index-old1.htm  
EAGLE ARMS.  Rifle section; E10A4BM

I'm looking specifically at the one shown in the PDF picture.
Flat top.  Front site base gas block.
Lowest price of the ones offered.
Not as polished as the Armalite AR10, but that's what I'm looking for, especially because it doesn't have a muzzle brake.

I've said many times before I'd go for a DSA Carbine, but this EAGLE ARMS E10 model really has me going.
Should I entertain this idea seriously?

Link Posted: 4/30/2003 9:25:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not shoot the moon and get an AR10T?

I even think about selling mine from time to time.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 9:05:03 AM EDT
[#2]
BusM., check with Dave at Quantico Arms for best pricing.  He AND his wife are active duty Marine Corps Majors and run a heck of a fine business.  (Check in the Industry Forum)
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 9:52:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
BusM., check with Dave at Quantico Arms for best pricing.  He AND his wife are active duty Marine Corps Majors and run a heck of a fine business.  (Check in the Industry Forum)

Yupper...That's where I got mine.
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 4:13:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Hey, Phil!
I've got studying to do here, that's for sure.

The E10 looks good for the price.  Plain Jane as hell and kind of attractive that way.
The 'non-chrome' lined bbl. wouldn't be too much of a problem, would it?
And, why would you sell your AR10T, out of curiosity?
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 5:07:57 PM EDT
[#5]
...Everybody "wants" something.....[>(]
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 7:53:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Please refrain from teasing us.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 4:28:29 AM EDT
[#7]
You know, for a little bit more money you can get in on this years ARFCOM rifle - an AR10 - and get a much nicer setup.  Just something to think about...
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 2:02:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And, why would you sell your AR10T, out of curiosity?

It's just one of those guns that I don't shoot too often.  

Pretty much as accurate as my 308 PSS, I've shot everything from 100grs to 220grs through it.  The barrel is good and smooth cleans up like a brreze, but she sure is an unwieldy big beast.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 2:54:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You know, for a little bit more money you can get in on this years ARFCOM rifle - an AR10 - and get a much nicer setup.  Just something to think about...

Yep - good idea.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 11:27:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for steering me to that thread.
I made a note there about this one as well.
Financially, this would be better if I could wait.
Springing for the Limited Edition would take some creative and unwise decisions at this time, including selling off some of my collection, which, as you all know, means getting screwed...
Patience seems to be the operative word in this project.

The advantage to the Eagle Arms unit would be saving some money and being able to wait 'til next year.
The advantage of the ArmaLite AR15.com unit would be owning such a special rifle.
This is going to be a bit of a dilemma.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:55:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Thanks for steering me to that thread.
I made a note there about this one as well.
Financially, this would be better if I could wait.
Springing for the Limited Edition would take some creative and unwise decisions at this time, including selling off some of my collection, which, as you all know, means getting screwed...
Patience seems to be the operative word in this project.

The advantage to the Eagle Arms unit would be saving some money and being able to wait 'til next year.
The advantage of the ArmaLite AR15.com unit would be owning such a special rifle.
This is going to be a bit of a dilemma.

BusM, worth noting that you also get a lifetime warranty with the ArmaLite.  I'm believing ArmaLite will be pretty well through their military orders by the time the AR15.com rifle needs to be built and I'm believing Mark (ArmaLite's President)Westrom will make sure we get something special.  (And yes, I too am a collector.)
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:47:27 AM EDT
[#12]
I also believe Ed Sr. said they were going to take orders for the rifle until the end of the year...
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:29:20 PM EDT
[#13]
...and if you think the AR10A4 is big and unwieldy, get a varmint/target conversion in .260 Rem.  It got bigger and more unwieldy (unwieldier??), but she shore does shoot nice, especially with a factory NM trigger.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 4:49:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Hehe...

I just bought an Eagle Arms AR10 today at the Harrisburg gunshow...

All black / flattop...
VERY clean looking.

$939 out the door...
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:56:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Hehe...

I just bought an Eagle Arms AR10 today at the Harrisburg gunshow...

All black / flattop...
VERY clean looking.

$939 out the door...

That's EXCELLENT!
With that "heh-heh" thrown in there, my first thought was "asshole!"

Come back and give a report on it after you give it the 'fondle' !
I'd like to hear about how it's finished and the fit, etc.
After you shoot it, definetly let us know how it performs.
I'm thinking about starting to pick up the magazines and accessories ahead of time, no matter which AR10 I go for.
I'm glad for ya!
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:08:54 PM EDT
[#16]
how scarce are ar-10 mags becoming?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:25:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
how scarce are ar-10 mags becoming?

They continue to become not scarce.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:56:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Armalite is selling 10rd mags for $30, and 20rd for $85...

As far as "fit and finish"...

I'd say this gun is a dead ringer look-a-like for a Bushmaster XM15E3S, only on steroids...

That's what attracted me to it...

Other than the longer receiver and big hole in the end of the barrel, it looks just like a regular ole plain jane AR15...

This is EXACTLY what I'm "into"...
I personally prefer the factory / military looking rifles over the green / stainless stuff...

For the type of recreational shooting I do, I just couldn't justify the added expense of the "real" Armalite...

This Eagle Arms gun is perfect for what I need...
It says right on the receiver:
"Eagle Arms"
"Div Armalite"

I'll need to get to the range one day this week...

The owners manual is pretty specific about barrel break-in, so I may need to take a little extra time with the range report...

First thing I did was field strip it, clean it, and lube it with the magical CLP break-free...

My first impression when cycling the action by hand was "smooth as butter"...

I don't expect it to give me any trouble...

We will see...
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:18:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Sounds good so far, Art.
I like the part about the "ArmaLite" being on the barrel... >$ + snob appeal = good deal!
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 5:36:51 PM EDT
[#20]
BusM, if you're gonna get one, then goddammit I'm gonna get one too.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:09:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Sounds good so far, Art.
I like the part about the "ArmaLite" being on the barrel... >$ + snob appeal = good deal!

Actually, the "Armalite" part is right on the lower receiver...
Directly under "Eagle Arms"

I really think this is the best bang for the buck if you're after an AR10...
I considered the AR15.com group buy, but I have no patience when it comes to guns...
When I decide I want something, it usually means NOW, not one year from now.

It's a good deal on  great rifle, but just not in my timeframe.

The Eagle Arms gun just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

My brother and I were walking down one of the aisles at the show and saw a desert camo AR10 for $1199...
My brother turned to me and said: "Now if you could only find one all black and $100 cheaper."

All I did was look at the vendor's table on the other side of the aisle.
Boom, there it was...
Plain jane, all black, flat-top, with picatinny gas block and no muzzle brake...
Only $939.

I actually walked away from it, telling myself "I don't need it, I don't need it, I don't need it" (I just spent $7500 on an M16 last Monday)

For the next five minutes, my brother was telling me "Dude, you NEED it, Dude, you NEED it, Dude, you NEED it"
So after he busted my ass a few minutes, we walked back and bought the damn thing...

I look at it this way...
The price was right, and Eagle Arms is a division of Armalite.

Do you really think Armalite would risk their reputation by building junk under another brand name ?
I don't think so...

I think this is just another Armalite rifle without all the "frills".

Suits me just fine...

Maybe tomorrow if I find time, I'll get a coupla pics together if anyone is interested...

Already got the Harris bipod on it, ARMS #22 QD scope rings, and a cheap scope just to break it in...

Time to shop for a Leupold...
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:17:43 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

The price was right, and Eagle Arms is a division of Armalite.

Do you really think Armalite would risk their reputation by building junk under another brand name ?
I don't think so...

I think this is just another Armalite rifle without all the "frills".

Suits me just fine...

No, ArmaLite would not risk their reputation by building junk under another brand name and yes yours is a basic ArmaLite rifle without all the frills.

With ArmaLite branded rifles you'll get a lifetime warranty (to the original owner) and with the Eagle a one year warranty.  (Like with most things from TV's to guns, if you are gonna have problems it's likely to be right-out-of-the-box.)

Maybe your wallet will be reloaded before the cut-off for the AR15.com AR-10.  I'm thinking ArmaLite will be through most of their military orders by the time they need to build our rifle and believe we'll get something pretty special.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:21:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Hokie and I are interested in pictures...
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 6:36:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Hokie and I are interested in pictures...

Yes we ARE!!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:18:53 AM EDT
[#25]
But theres no CHROME. You must have chrome.

My voices told me...
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:13:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Here ya go fellers...

community.webtv.net/YULLOSE/EagleArmsAR10

I took a coupla comparison pics of the AR10 stuff vs AR15 stuff...

Hehe...

Should be enough to push Mr. Busmaster over the edge...

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:26:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Thanks for the pics and comparison

Whaddya think Bus?  Gonna go for it?

I'm $500 towards one right now.  $500 more to go!  Part of me still thinks though, "if I can save $1000, maybe I could save $300 more and get the Armalite.

But then I think how happy I could still be with an Eagle, and I forget all about the frills.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:58:28 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Thanks for the pics and comparison

Whaddya think Bus?  Gonna go for it?

I'm $500 towards one right now.  $500 more to go!  Part of me still thinks though, "if I can save $1000, maybe I could save $300 more and get the Armalite.

But then I think how happy I could still be with an Eagle, and I forget all about the frills.

Hokie, let me throw a couple of facts into the mix.  With the ArmaLite, you get a lifetime warranty and a chrome lined barrel.  Of course you might start with an Eagle - Eagle and later add an ArmaLite upper.  Just a guess but I believe there are more folks that own multiple uppers with the AR-10 than than most any other rifles.  I started with an AR-10(T) carbine and added a 10A4 rifle upper (with the chrome lined barrel).

(You ever been around Virginia Tech ??)
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:03:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Hey!
Nice pics.  I like the magazine job, too.  Good work.
A major factor for me in how I go about securing the funds for one of the AR10's is TIME, like, WHEN would the AR15.com version be delivered after securing and sending the funds in?
Like Art said, NOW is the extent of my patience most of the time.
Hokie, I'm glad you're halfway there.  It's a tough call between these two choices.
Waiting a long time for something I've already paid for would bug me.  
If I scare up the funds for an AR10 this summer, I want to shoot it this summer, you know?
I asked one of my workmates, also a collector, though of much more major proportions than I, which one I should look into.  He asked me which one I'd really like to have in, say 5 or 10 years.  I thought that was an appropriate question.  My answer was the Special Edition.
I keep mulling it over and will have to get out the two rifles I have chosen to put up for adoption and get 'em ready for the auction block.
Today, I was on a layover and writing in my notebook about "The AR-10".  It's customary for me to do this with any project I start thinking heavily about.
In the notebook was my Guns&Weapons for Law Enforcement May 2003 issue.  
"OH, YEAH! THAT's where I read the article about the Eagle Arms AR10 Match Rifle that Chuck 'Combat Master of the Universe' Taylor wrote!", I exclaimed to myself.  
I reread the article.  Even Chuck was highly impressed with the Eagle Arms.
So, I'm going to have to make a decision, mostly based on how long it would be before the Special Edition rifle was available, and some on how fast my two chosen rifles get adopted.
That's the progression of this project so far for me.
5subslr5, you make a very persuasive argument, too.
Any other ideas to sway me one way or t'other?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 7:46:22 PM EDT
[#30]
...then there's the 'I gotta convince the Wife this is a good idea' problem!
I'm somewhere in the middle of "Honey, I'll sell a bunch of stuff and not hurt the paycheck" and "I'd better STFU!!!".
Sometimes, it's just better not to talk about it.
Guess I'll have to get my butt in gear and start the process.
She knows I'll obsess on it 'til I get it, anyway.  She said so.  She's right.

Link Posted: 5/9/2003 8:55:49 AM EDT
[#31]
I recently shot a friends AR-10 (Armalite upper, Eagle lower, free float Badger Ord handguard, Nightforce Optics, Stainless 24" barrel) and decided I want to get an Eagle AR-10 instead of an FAL STG-58.  I like the FAL, but since I want a rifle primarily for scoped target shooting, I figure the AR-10 is better suited with it's flat top rail.

My plans for the Eagle AR-10A4 20" model (Once I finally get one) include adding a free float handguard, a bipod, a match trigger, a tactical latch, and a nice scope w/ mount.  This package should provide me with a great tactical shooter with less bulk than the 24" 10T models.  

I notice many suggestions about getting an Armalite upper for the Eagle lower.  Is this just for cosmetics, or does the Armalite upper actually perform better than the Eagle upper?  The only notable difference seems to be the finish being better on the Armalite Upper, which isn't a concern for me.

Another issue many point out is the chrome lined Armalite barrel being better.  I realize chrome lining extends the life of a barrel, but it doesn't necessarily make it more accurate.  Due to the fact that the rifle is not full auto, is a chrome lined barrel really necessary if the rifle is properly taken care of?  What kind of service life can I expect from a chromoly Eagle barrel vs. a chrome lined Armalite barrel?

The real attraction I find with the Armalite products is the Lifetime Warranty, but I still think I'd rather get the Eagle rifle and use the hundreds of saved dollars towards the match trigger and other goodies.

Thanks in advance for opinions and answers!  
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:36:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Bus,
I'd get the Eagle.  Shoot the snot out of it.  Then when you're good and ready, send it to George at GA precision and have him turn it into something that will blow the doors of an AR-10T.  One of George's AR-10's won the international (I think it was international....anyway) sniper competition.  It was shooting against M24's, and M40A1's and M40A3's.  It cleaned house.

Rich
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 10:10:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Interesting stuff.  Bus, I hear ya.  Chances are, with my own patience level (zero), I'll just save save save till I see a chunk of money this summer, then run out and buy one.  I don't think I can wait till 2004.

Thing is, and I know you're in the same predicament from previous posts and IM's...is that I, like you, own a 7400 in 3006.  My biggest deterent from scooping up an AR10 is the fact that I've got a comparable caliber...

Why not instead go for a 300mag or something like that...my inner hauntings anyway.

Maybe I'll toss the 7400 into the Dodge Ram for a good hearty truck gun, with a few 10 round mags...

I'd like to hunt some Maine whitetails with my AR10 also, not just mow down zombies after a potential apocalypse!

If I get one that is, which knowing me, will be sooner than later.  I don't even know why I post.  I should just make a check list of every firearm in the universe and start working towards it!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:35:17 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Bus,
I'd get the Eagle.  Shoot the snot out of it.  Then when you're good and ready, send it to George at GA precision and have him turn it into something that will blow the doors of an AR-10T.  One of George's AR-10's won the international (I think it was international....anyway) sniper competition.  It was shooting against M24's, and M40A1's and M40A3's.  It cleaned house.

Rich

As I recall, my first LUST for the AR15 was the Eagle Arms Carbine, pre-"pre-ban", back in 1992.
That was before I saw a Bushmaster Dissipator, though......mine is the pre-ban version.
Now, on the eve of the end of the "ban", here I am wanting an Eagle Arms again!
You may be right on this one.  Getting the Eagle Arms E10A4BM would be a good move.
I think the "BM" is Code for: "BusMaster" or "Buy Me!".
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:59:10 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bus,

Rich

As I recall, my first LUST for the AR15 was the Eagle Arms Carbine, pre-"pre-ban", back in 1992.
That was before I saw a Bushmaster Dissipator, though......mine is the pre-ban version.
You may be right on this one.  Getting the Eagle Arms E10A4BM would be a good move.

"OldTiger" has one of the Georgia Precision uppers on his AR-10 and is shooting less than .5 MOA with 5 shot groups - in .260 Rem I believe.  "GeneSplicer" has one on order and mentions 3.75" groups at 1000 yards !!

ArmaLite begins shipping the AR-10 in .300RSM late June or early July.

There is just no reason to ever get bored with the AR-10/EA10 !!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 12:06:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:47:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Nice window dressing, Phil!
The "BDF" is alive and well.
Right on.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:27:07 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bus,

Rich

"OldTiger" has one of the Georgia Precision uppers on his AR-10 and is shooting less than .5 MOA with 5 shot groups - in .260 Rem I believe.  "GeneSplicer" has one on order and mentions 3.75" groups at 1000 yards !!

ArmaLite begins shipping the AR-10 in .300RSM late June or early July.

There is just no reason to ever get bored with the AR-10/EA10 !!

The MSRP on the .300RSM upper is $1220 with the Quad Rail.  

(As usual, Dave at Quantico Arms will likely have the uppers early and best pricing.)
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:34:09 PM EDT
[#39]
...so, here I am floppin' all over the place trying to figure out how I can best finance the AR15.com Special Project!

I started thinking about the price difference and features and "Logo & #" and collectibility and, and, and...

If my usual place of firearms dealings will respectfully accept the "#3 in a series of 5" AR15.com rifle without screwing me on the fee, I think the Eagle Arms E10 is not going to happen.
Not trying to kill my own thread here, or disrespect my original thinking or Dragracer_Art's choice (he could afford it right then, I'm having to 'finance creatively').
I'm half committed to getting the Special Edition.  All I need is the finances, and I'm working on that this week.
After studying it and those haunting words of 5subslr5:
"...BusM, worth noting that you also get a lifetime warranty with the ArmaLite."
"...With ArmaLite branded rifles you'll get a lifetime warranty (to the original owner)"

That, plus the 'Special Project' status; the weird green furniture; the cool fixed buttstock (yes, I LIKE IT);  stainless bbl.; etc.
It would be special to me because of the site and all the friends here.  You know, that mushy feeling that AR15.com gives us...! Ha!
It would be a collectible, for sure.
All good reasons to change my mind NOW, with a little bit of help from my friends.
I'm going for it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:54:21 PM EDT
[#40]
You won't need the lifetime warranty...

All the problems related to the AR10 will likely surface the first time you take it to the range...

See my thread in the AR10 section...

I'm a little pissed right now, and second guessing my uneducated impulse purchase...

Range report on my gun hasn't appeared in this thread because I couldn't get the damn thing to shoot...

Jury is still out on my gun...
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:24:10 AM EDT
[#41]
So buy it you could always sell it later if you don't like it. I am sure you will it is a great rifle.
Phil Nice scope is that the Tasco Super Sniper. How many shades you got on that thing?

Then I read down and see you are not going to get it. I also have to see about the AR10T that is going to be sold. Knew I should have not started peaking around so soon.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 10:24:26 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
...so, here I am floppin' all over the place trying to figure out how I can best finance the AR15.com Special Project!

I started thinking about the price difference and features and "Logo & #" and collectibility and, and, and...

If my usual place of firearms dealings will respectfully accept the "#3 in a series of 5" AR15.com rifle without screwing me on the fee, I think the Eagle Arms E10 is not going to happen.
Not trying to kill my own thread here, or disrespect my original thinking or Dragracer_Art's choice (he could afford it right then, I'm having to 'finance creatively').
I'm half committed to getting the Special Edition.  All I need is the finances, and I'm working on that this week.
After studying it and those haunting words of 5subslr5:
"...BusM, worth noting that you also get a lifetime warranty with the ArmaLite."
"...With ArmaLite branded rifles you'll get a lifetime warranty (to the original owner)"

That, plus the 'Special Project' status; the weird green furniture; the cool fixed buttstock (yes, I LIKE IT);  stainless bbl.; etc.
It would be special to me because of the site and all the friends here.  You know, that mushy feeling that AR15.com gives us...! Ha!
It would be a collectible, for sure.
All good reasons to change my mind NOW, with a little bit of help from my friends.
I'm going for it.

BusM, one of our members was smart enough to ask EdSr. about getting ArmaLite to report the AR15.com AR-10 to the "Blue Book."  If this rifle is registered as a separate model, and with the very low quantities, the collector value should only be EXCELLENT !!  Over the years I've found that a gun kept LNIB is worth virtually the same as NIB and you get to shoot the weapon !!

Although I have the Blue Book, I actually prefer the "Standard Catalog of Firearms, The Collector's Price and Reference Guide."  My small contribution will be to ask Mark Westrom(Pres. of ArmaLite) to also list our AR-10  in that publication.

Edited to add:  I've tried to answer your other questions on the SEBR thread.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:55:23 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Phil Nice scope is that the Tasco Super Sniper. How many shades you got on that thing?

No, is the Tasco Custom Cu8-40x56 with two sun shades installed.  It's my baby hubble.

I cant afford the real hubble
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:28:41 PM EDT
[#44]
I got mine today, an E10A4BM,,,, it was $732.00 plus tax.  It is new unfired with no box or manual and one 10 rd mag.  Tomorrow we will go to the range and see if it works.  Today was a good day,,,,,,,,,,

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:08:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Where the heck didja score a deal like THAT?
Nice going.
Good luck.
Let us know how it works.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top