Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2003 6:06:07 PM EDT
Like any addiction you start with smaller stuff and work your way up...I just bought an AR15 and now I find myself needing a FAL....

Before I buy do you guys have any advice?
I have been contemplating buying either the DSA SA58 Standard Rifle or the DSA STG 58. What are the Pros and cons of these two options? Are they both good choices to consider? One last question: What comes after my FAL?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont own a FAL but im looking at the DSA STG 58s. I love milsurp stuff. I already know what Im getting next though. Can you say Sako TRG-42.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 9:00:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I got the STG-58 and it is great.  It has surplus parts on it, but it looks brand new to me.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:04:55 AM EDT
[#3]
have you thought about building?  you can get a fal that's just as good or better(since YOU made it) for about half the price of a DSA.  im building an imbel carbine, my total cost will be less than $400. but. if you must buy than i guess you cant do better than a DSA.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 2:28:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Go DSA.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:04:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
One last question: What comes after my FAL?

What comes next?  More FALs.  This is an addiction that you can't have just one.  First, you'll want a carbine.  Then, you'll want a rifle.  Then comes the desire for a folding stock and you're really screwed because they are expensive.  I started with one and will shortly be to my 4th.  Run now unless you're ready to become assimilated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top