Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2015 10:17:35 PM EDT
Alright, so here's the deal.  I'm looking for a bag somewhere between my First Spear ECP and my full sized, long outing bag.  I have a Maxpedition that fills this space pretty well but it's starting to wear out.  I've run across the Arcteryx Khard series and those look like they could fit the bill rather nicely.

However, I am open to suggestions on other brands. So what advice do you have or personal experience?
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:57:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:13:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I should have been more clear.  I suppose the best way to explain about what I'm looking for is a larger "assault pack" or a 3 day type pack.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:59:03 AM EDT
[#3]
5.11 Rush 72 or All Hazards Prime.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 5:07:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:21:36 AM EDT
[#5]
As soon as you said khard I thought of the Camelbak trizip and the mystery ranch 3 day assault pack.
I've owned both. Sold the camelbak to get the mystery ranch. Also have a camelbak linchpin which is a nice pack with the same futura harness.
The kelty redwing is worth looking at too from their military line.
Any features you're looking for?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:52:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I have and like the Camelback Linchpin, but it might be too small for you. If you like the Arc'teryx Khard, like others suggested, look at the Camelbak Tri-Zip and Mystery Ranch 3DAP. Check out all of the offerings from Tactical Tailor, Mystery Ranch, Kifaru, and Eberlestock.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:59:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the other suggestions.  The reason I like the Khard series is from the way they open.  Without fail when I need something from my bag it's always at the bottom or other inconvenient location, and the opening on those would hopefully alleviate that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top