Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 9:18:59 PM EDT
What I want is very simple. One color on a stock with a durable paint that won't chip and DOES NOT need to be baked. The color would be a custom color that I would want color matched with a sample I have.

The stock is a Blaser Professional Reciever. IT WOULD BE VERY SIMPLE. Mask off the metal bit, pull out the grip pads (I have replacements) and spray.

So far it seems I can't GIVE my money away to a gunshop to do it.

I tried ADCO, they sent he reciever/stock back saying they didn't feel they could do a good enough job. That's fair, I appreciate their candor.

Just trying to get anyone to talk to at HD Rifles is nearly impossioble. I can't even GIVE them money.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'd even go with a private individual as long as they have some prior work that came out well.

I just want a CUSTOM color and I don't want it BAKED.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:54:03 PM EDT
[#1]
how about dura coat?
I have done 2 so far and they have came out fine.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:30:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Scorehigh Gunsmithing in Albuquerque, NM. Ask fr Charley Robertson. Charles.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:57:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
how about dura coat?
I have done 2 so far and they have came out fine.

I was not very impressed with the couple of examples of duracoat I have seen.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:56:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Scorehigh Gunsmithing in Albuquerque, NM. Ask fr Charley Robertson. Charles.  

Calling you tomorrow.

The guy.... was.... interesting..

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:39:43 AM EDT
[#6]
This is the man you want doing your stock...

Larson Tactical
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:02:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Larson Tactical does good work.  So does board member Hateca.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:27:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Cerakote. 'Nuff said. Or, if it can handle a 300 degree curing temp, go Moly Resin.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#9]
HellURider -
Charley Robertson can be a real asshole, but, if you can persuade him to do a project for you his work is good. Sorry if he came off the wrong way to you. He does that to everyone. Charles.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:48:28 PM EDT
[#10]
You dont need a stock painter.  You need a painter.  Paint is paint, find a man that knows the flow of his gun and how paint behaves.  He'll do a fine job.

Go track down a painter at a local body shop, liquid paint shop, custom motorcylce shop, or other such place.  

Call an auto paint supplier to see if they can mix up a small custom batch.  Usually they'll do this, but they'll charge accordingly.  Auto paint is good stuff and extremely durable.

Go talk to the painter you found, give him stock, give him paint, give him cash.

A few hours and several dollards later, you'll have that shiny new stock that you won't want to let near the elements.

You could also try manning up and doing it your damned self.  Go get the color matched paint discussed above.  Ask the auto paint supply store to load it into aerosol cannisters for you.  Lightly sand if you like, degrease the shit out of it with brake cleaner, and paint.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:36:54 PM EDT
[#11]
what color were you trying to mix?
duracoat od
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top