Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2004 6:39:00 PM EDT
Anyone have any links to places to get them?

I am talking about the stuff that's B&W when you look at it and glows under NV ala-

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#1]

NVEC is the official supplier to the DoD, their subdued flags do not reflect visible light.

You can also find cheap knock-offs on E-Bay, but they also reflect visible light to a certain extent.  Below is a pic of the black/tan E-Bay knock-offs reflecting light when the flash hit it (pictured on my RAID pack).  The IR flags and IR tape from E-Bay are less reflective than the black lettering on the Army PT shirts.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:00:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I think most of the Ebay stuff is made of Scotchlite(sp)
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:29:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I think most of the Ebay stuff is made of Scotchlite(sp)

I know most of the Ebay stuff is made of 3M Scotchlite.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:05:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:35:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Seems like I saw them on the Blackhawk Industries site.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:27:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Blackhawk discontinued these items a while back.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:19:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If you know someone in Fayetteville, they can go on to Pope AFB and buy them at that store there.  I donmt remember if it was SSSC or some other place but they definetly had them.

SHIT DUH!!

I'll just have Soup go and get me some.

Thanks, didn't even think of that!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:50:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Where do you get just the little one inch squares from?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:27:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Where do you get just the little one inch squares from?

NVEC is the official supplier to the DoD... seems like I've typed that before.  Click on the red NVEC and it will take you directly to the IR reflective one inch squares page, unlike the first red NVEC I posted that took you directly to the IR reflective flags page.

Before anyone asks, yes, Blackhawk used to distribute these also, but they were discontinued like the flags.

ETA: NVEC Homepage
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:24:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Combat Identification Devices

You hadn't typed that yet smart ass.  Do you work for NVEC?...
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:13:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Ahhh, my arch-nemesis!  We meet again...

I wish I worked for NVEC, no doubt that the pay is better than what Uncle Sam slides over to me for being a starving grad student living on the GI Bill!  I just used to buy this stuff from NVEC when our 1SG decided that he wanted us to all high speed and visible through NVGs after there was a little friendly fire incident at an undiscloed location in the Middle East.  Being a low profile military intelligence soldier can be dangerous when you're so low profile that your own team doesn't recognize you...

-Randy
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:24:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Everytime I see people ask about these flags I think of that movie with Denzel where he blows up his own tank at night.  I ended up buying one of those black squares from the chick on ebay that is always selling flags and fun meters and the other patches.  I know they aren't the real deal but I just wanted one to go on my Kifaru whenever I get it.  Speaking of which why did my post on lightfighter just up and vanish?  The one where you posted the pic of your E&E.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:47:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I was wondering about the Kifaru E&E pic thread you started.  I was starting to think the I was going crazy because I remembered posting that pic, but I couldn't find the thread either.  Which Kifaru did you end up getting?  I'm thinking about the Multi-Cam Tailgunner pretty hard, or even a Multi-Cam RAID since it is now an option on the LF website (not that I need two RAID packs).

The eBay "IR reflective" stuff, look pretty good and it is genuine Scotchlite so it should be somewhat durable.  Even though it reflects direct visible light, it generally appears black in most ambient lighting conditions.  More or less like the Army PT shirts, but a little less reflective.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:08:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Coyote E&E with TT small pouch......  mcgrubbs says I copy him so I had to copy you to be different...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top