Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2004 1:51:49 PM EDT
I was thinking about buying a G-3 made from parts on a century cast reciever..I was wondering if i could get some feedback on how well they perform.And if you have problems ,then i would like to know.Give me some pros and cons please??
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 2:03:27 PM EDT
[#1]
get a stamped reciever from PTR ,,a parts set and have a gunsmith build one for you.   check out the POF-USA  web site for pictures. forget the cast century junk.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:02:25 PM EDT
[#2]
No way, forget PTR and Century! ORF is going to be making HK91 receivers; it may take a few months, but it will be well worth the wait. ORF is the closet you can come to the real HK product without selling one of your kidneys.

Go here and look,
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=64883

Jerad
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:08:51 PM EDT
[#3]
tag
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#4]
i realize these guns are cheap as far as price goes,,,but im just looking for one to burn the barrel up!!!im wondering if they jam or anything of that nature??
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i realize these guns are cheap as far as price goes,,,but im just looking for one to burn the barrel up!!!im wondering if they jam or anything of that nature??

If your looking to throw money away, I'll be happy to save you the trouble and take it off your hands. If the gun your looking at is a CETME then yes there is a very good chance it will not run very well. Some do, but a lot don't. It certainly is not a G3 or anything close to a real HK.

CETME
The pros: They are cheap and look like a G3
The cons: Most the time they won't work
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:59:14 PM EDT
[#6]
My CETME runs perfectly but it took some tuning to get it there.Total in parts $50.00.
Would I rather have a true blue HK?Oh yes.But for under $400.00 Im pretty happy right now.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:18:46 PM EDT
[#7]
the rifle that i was looking at was  G3 parts assembled on a cast stainless reciever,i dont know if that is what is called a CETME,,i have looked at the Cetme rifles and the ones i seen were made from Spanish parts,,,the one im looking at is german parts..refinished
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:42:30 PM EDT
[#8]
How do you tell what country of production?

I was given a partial kit and have no idea if it's HK or spanish.

what's the tell if anyone knows

Chris

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#9]

That's what the wood looks like. I'm assuming that HK's never came in wood?
Modern firearms

Chris
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:02:48 PM EDT
[#10]
nice looking weapon , but how well does it run
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:09:23 PM EDT
[#11]
i wonder why my question always gets turned into another question???If you read the post then you will know that knowone has awnsered my question in anyway!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:03:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I had a century 91 clone and it was junk,it jammed and the bolt would seize in the locked position,sold it and bought a DSA.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 12:28:13 AM EDT
[#13]
thanks,,,,thats the kinda info im lookin for ...appreciate it
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:03:17 AM EDT
[#14]
i did answer the question , heres a little more detail, since coming into production ive heard mostly bad reportsabout the century HK, they sure look good at the gun show and some people have had no problems, but there are alot of people who had to send them back or to a smith to get them to function, i think it comes down to the cheap Korean barrels they were using and how they were put  together. i think a gunsmith built hk91 is the best way to go or  one from ORF , if there is a problem they make it right.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:54:44 PM EDT
[#15]
My CETME from century was a great bargain.  My brothers CETME from century was a great deal.  Two of my friends....check out RstienB's.  They need things like mag "tweaking" and some cleaning up, but they have been outstanding.  We did have an excellent dealer who checked them for us and let us look several over to get a really nice rifle.

I have a friend that has a G3 clone, and it is really a nice rifle.

If you have the cash but a finer rifle, but for me I wanted to shoot the hell out of it and I like messing with it.

Be careful if you choose a century, AND LOOK IT OVER WELL.  I had a Century L1A1 that I had to send back because the barrel we loose...sold it and built up a STG58 on an Imbel..it kicks butt!
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#16]
sorry about the slow reply .

I just have the kit. I haven't built it yet.
It's a pain to find a full receiver for them. only the ones with no charging handle tube .(sorry if that's not the right term)

Anyone have a good source on complete receievers?

Chris

Quoted:
nice looking weapon , but how well does it run

Link Posted: 10/31/2004 4:48:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Oh yeah, all of ours are the stamped style receiver and RstienB has the newer stamped "black" rifle.  They have the CETME paddle sites, so no claw mount.  I do have a B-Square on mine.  I always see posts that "CETME's are junk" but I have not seen it first hand.  I AM NOT SAYING ALL ARE WONDERFUL...just I have not seen the horror stories first hand.  For me it was money very well spent.

Good luck with your choice.

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 10:27:48 AM EDT
[#18]
well instead of the clone i ordered the cetme instead ...ill post back this weekend to let u know if it was 350 well spent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top