Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2010 10:07:14 AM EDT
I see IMR is pushing this new powder for .223 accuracy shooters. I'm intrigued. Anyone know more about it. Little info on the IMR site.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems pretty good, I'm not getting the fastest velocities with it but the groups are looking good.  I'm not done with my testing yet either though, but I've been liking what I've been seeing so far that I picked up another pound of it while I was at the store the other day.

See my last post here http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=42&t=323652 8208 trying to make shitty bullets look good

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:58:26 PM EDT
[#2]
i also have been looking for reviews. from what i have seen, it looks good!  only one problem i have found is that i can`t find any in stock on the net. can anyone out there help me find some? checked the regulars, sinclair, midway, midsouth shooters. locally( in south central pa.) no one has even got any in yet. looking for 1lb. cans to start. appreciate any web sites that have in stock. thank you!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:24:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:25:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

i also have been looking for reviews. from what i have seen, it looks good!  only one problem i have found is that i can`t find any in stock on the net. can anyone out there help me find some? checked the regulars, sinclair, midway, midsouth shooters. locally( in south central pa.) no one has even got any in yet. looking for 1lb. cans to start. appreciate any web sites that have in stock. thank you!

I've been getting mine at a local Cabelas, strange thing is they don't list that powder online.  Maybe try calling cabelas?

http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/ shows in stock, both #1 and #8

http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/178 has #1 but not #8

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:08:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I think Wideners has also, but only in the 1lb cans and not the 8 lb kegs
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:51:21 PM EDT
[#6]
$ 545,00 later...... I walked out of Grafs this evening with an 8lb keg of 8208. Along with 200 pieces of LaPua .308  brass, 100 pcs of new .5.56 LC brass, 1000 55grain fmj .223 bullets, 300 190 grain SMKHPBTs and. 2 MTM 100 round Case Guard ammo boxes.

Graf's price in reatil store ,  $ 149.99.  Maybe higher on mail order side because of shipping. They got in 250, 8lb jugs 2 weeks ago.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:25:33 PM EDT
[#7]
got 1lb. can, working up some 6.8SPC loads will post results
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top