Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/4/2005 8:20:15 PM EDT
So I went shooting today with my great uncle and he brought down a M1. I took a look at it and everything seems to be IBM, serial number 37002*** and " IBM Corp 9-43" stamped. The only thing thats not original on it is the stock. Its some synthetic thing with a folder on it thats uncomfortable as hell. Anyways, he ends up just giving me this rifle, and its begging to be put back in original condition. Does anybody know where I could find an IBM stock thats in semi-good condition? I know I'll have to shell out big time to get it, but its definatly worth it.

Thanks in Advance

Ace
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 11:13:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2005 11:13:43 AM EDT by Aces21]
Looks like nobody knows. Would any other USGI stock fit it, like a Inland or Winchester? Something along those lines.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:53:32 PM EDT
Yes, the carbines were made to be interchangeable. However, they dont all fit the same. I'm not sure were to tell you to get a stock though. Dang.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:31:00 PM EDT
Go to jouster.com. Some real fanatics over there and they will tell you what you need. I don't recall which subcontractor made stocks for IBM. I'm pretty certain IBM didn't make them themselves.

M-2 potbelly stocks are pretty common and fairly reasonable. A nice one should be less than a hundred, possibly quite a bit less. If its just got to be the correct stock for an IBM be prepared to spend some serious coin. Restoring carbines back to "original" is a real mania among carbine collectors. Price of all carbine parts (and carbines) has gone through the roof in the last five years.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:32:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Aces21:
Looks like nobody knows. Would any other USGI stock fit it, like a Inland or Winchester? Something along those lines.

I've never had any problem inter changing G.I. stocks on my Winchester.
Top Top