User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2005 12:03:04 PM EDT
What do you all think of this weapon?

Thanks
Max
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 1:56:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have one.....but it's one of the few guns that I've always wanted, but never got around to getting.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 2:33:55 PM EDT
[#2]
The reason why I say this is that I recently picked up a model A from the local store.  It has the original bag, 3 mags, instructions, loader and site alignment tool.

It had some surface rust but cleaned up quite nicely.

I have always liked the uzi as long as I can remember.

Now I have a real Israeli Uzi minus the fun switch.

Max
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 5:05:36 PM EDT
[#3]
maxell27: Lots of FUN, but I find holding down the grip safety can be tiring on long firing sesssions.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 5:15:22 PM EDT
[#4]
It's okay.  I am an Uzi fan and I am glad I finally found one at a good price.

MaX
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 6:52:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats on your pickup!
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 4:44:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I built a frankenUzi during the AWB. Pretty dang fun guns.

You should share your great find with the guys over at  www.uzitalk.com
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:37:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I built a frankenUzi during the AWB. Pretty dang fun guns.

You should share your great find with the guys over at  www.uzitalk.com

Yup, definitely stop by and show us your new toy.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#8]
The Uzi was meant to be a sub gun. A semi auto Uzi is nothing more than a big pistol. You can find better 9mm semi auto carbines.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:10:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The Uzi was meant to be a sub gun. A semi auto Uzi is nothing more than a big pistol. You can find better 9mm semi auto carbines.

Opinions vary.  The one I've shot was very enjoyable to shoot and quite accurate.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:47:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You can say that about any military rifle with a selector switch. AK-47 was supposed to be fired in full-auto for the most part, MP-5 was supposed to have 3rd bust... bla bla bla.

Folding stock is a little wierd, sights are a little weird. I don't like the long barrel much, but I'd be to lazy to get a SBR.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:22:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can say that about any military rifle with a selector switch. AK-47 was supposed to be fired in full-auto for the most part, MP-5 was supposed to have 3rd bust... bla bla bla.

Folding stock is a little wierd, sights are a little weird. I don't like the long barrel much, but I'd be to lazy to get a SBR.

True true.

It has been a boyhood dream to own.  As well as an AK, AR15, Remminton 700, M1A, Glock etc....

Luckily I have all that I want so far..............

Max
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:32:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

True true.

It has been a boyhood dream to own.  As well as an AK, AR15, Remminton 700, M1A, Glock etc....

Max

You know what you need now to go with that UZI Carbine..........L7A1 ammunition

L7A1 ammunition is 9mm 124 grain FMJ ammunition loaded beyond SAAMI standards. It is HOT, HOT ammo loaded by Hirtenberger for the British military to use in their 9mm Sterling Subguns in "adverse environments". Headstamp should have the traditional NATO cross-in-circle mark as well as the "HP" mark (Hirtenberger Patrone).

The ammo is not meant to be used in handguns, though some daring souls have undoubtedly used it in their Glocks or HK USPs. It is also not advisable to use it in MP5/HK94 type firearms due to its delay-roller locked action. But it is 100% safe to use in a UZI or UZI Carbine. Published muzzle velocity out of a standard UZI 10.2" barrel is about 1500 fps. Don't know what the velocity would be coming out of the carbine's 16" tube.

If you go to a large gun show, you might be able to find a case of this ammo.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:45:16 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

True true.

Max

You know what you need now to go with that UZI Carbine..........L7A1 ammunition

L7A1 ammunition is 9mm 124 grain FMJ ammunition loaded beyond SAAMI standards. It is HOT, HOT ammo loaded by Hirtenberger for the British military to use in their 9mm Sterling Subguns in "adverse environments". Headstamp should have the traditional NATO cross-in-circle mark as well as the "HP" mark (Hirtenberger Patrone).

The ammo is not meant to be used in handguns, though some daring souls have undoubtedly used it in their Glocks or HK USPs. It is also not advisable to use it in MP5/HK94 type firearms due to its delay-roller locked action. But it is 100% safe to use in a UZI or UZI Carbine. Published muzzle velocity out of a standard UZI 10.2" barrel is about 1500 fps. Don't know what the velocity would be coming out of the carbine's 16" tube.

If you go to a large gun show, you might be able to find a case of this ammo.

Rot

Thanks for the tip.  I am going hunting now for this ammo.

Max
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:37:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By :

The ammo is not meant to be used in handguns, though some daring souls have undoubtedly used it in their Glocks or HK USPs.

They have. I've seen pictures.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top