Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2018 2:29:41 PM EDT
A guy at work has an SAR Tavor for sale with Geissele trigger manticore top rail, and buttpad also has an mlok handguard that accepts a flashlight. I don't know much about these guns but am debating buying it he is asking $1250.00 for it. What should I do?
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 2:36:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
A guy at work has an SAR Tavor for sale with Geissele trigger manticore top rail, and buttpad also has an mlok handguard that accepts a flashlight. I don't know much about these guns but am debating buying it he is asking $1250.00 for it. What should I do?
View Quote
This sounds like a pretty good deal. The SAR as a good amount of extras on the rifle. As long as rhe rifle functions i would think about it hard.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I just (panic) bought bought a new X95 (updated version of the SAR) for $1,500.

I plan on making the mods the one you are looking at has:  M-LOK foreend, Geissele, etc.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 3:10:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't even want a tavor and I'd buy it at that price given all the upgrades.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 3:54:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't even want a tavor and I'd buy it at that price given all the upgrades.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#5]
The guy is chomping at the bit to sell it he has been by my workstation 3 times since lunch asking me about it
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 5:39:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Pull it. That's a good buy.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 10:37:05 PM EDT
[#7]
For that $, as long as you can shoot and function check it, buy it.
You can always sell it at a profit and buy an AUG.
(and for that low $$ on it, I'd probably keep it..)
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 9:34:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Good price for sure especially with the upgrades.....
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 9:25:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Offer him $1100, if you guys are buddies pay the ask. I have two tavors; 18" 556 and has Art's trigger pack in it and a 16" converted to 9mm.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 9:27:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Dang, I missed the geissele trigger. Price is fair but I'm cheap.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 7:35:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The guy is chomping at the bit to sell it he has been by my workstation 3 times since lunch asking me about it
View Quote
Just based on this, I'd follow Mikey's advice and offer him less than his asking. He is desperate to sell it, and you should be able to talk him down. He is already asking for less than what he can get, if he had the will to be patient and part it out. Selling as a package, and desperation are a recipe for a bargain on your part.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 1:58:37 PM EDT
[#12]
1...2....3....DO IT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top