Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2003 10:38:09 PM EDT
My limited understanding of knife laws is that fixed is bad, folding is good. Do you have to carry a folding knife closed? What I'm getting at is a knife that can be folded to meet legal requirements, but with a very rigid lock mechanism and intended to be carried open and sheathed like a fixed blade. You'd have the legality of a folder and the utilty-geometry -toughness of a fixed blade. Comments?
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 6:46:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I carry a fixed blade all day long, here in NY it is not Fixed vs. Folder that makes the knife legal for carry it simply blade length.( no autos of course) If the law in NV is the knife may not be carried "blade exposed" then I would understand but I can't see a law stating Folder = fine. Fixed = No. I have an old folder that is around 13inchs closed, almost 23 1/2 open with a 10in blade, would that be legal vs. my EDC 4in fixed? Here it would not.

I think the best thing to do would be to search for the actual law and some decisions handed down by the courts on that law to see what would be the best knife to carry based on the law itself. This will save you tons of grief if you are ever in a legal situation(police)

Link Posted: 7/7/2003 11:20:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have an old folder that is around 13inchs closed, almost 23 1/2 open with a 10in blade, would that be legal vs. my EDC 4in fixed? Here it would not.

Most likely in California.  Sigh.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top