Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/1/2004 8:41:07 PM EST
Bah ahahahahahah

The whole trip was over in under 24 hours. Stayed one night and the next day ......BAM!!! Got tired of waiting for a buck so I picked off a doe at 115 yards, one round, damn easy.

And some people thought the M1A is a crappy hunting rifle. haha. Fools

David
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 4:26:04 AM EST
good job!!!!! who told you it was a crappy hunting rifle? durable, powerful, reliable, quicker than a bolt gun, maybe a little heavy but that don't really matter unless you're doing a lot of walking, and even then I don't know, seems like a good choice to me!
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:39:51 AM EST
Good job. I think people say it is a "crappy hunting rifle" because of the weight, not necessarily the performance.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:05:52 AM EST
But only the four year old girls say it is heavy, and I ignore them cus they are pussy(s)
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:47:54 AM EST
the SHEEPLE say it is not a hunting rifle, for the sole reason it DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A HUNTING RIFLE.

At least that is what they have been spoon fed and brain washed with over the years...
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 10:23:13 AM EST
The doe says going down, what was that I thought that hunter had a 30-30............
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:53:20 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 1:52:06 PM EST
raf: There are plenty of 5 & 10 round mags cut-down from USGI mags. I personally like the 10rd mags with a piece to wood to limit the mag capacity to 5. The true 5rd mag fits flush with the mag well and it could be a little tough to get out, but you just lock the bolt back and push it out from the top. Check with your local laws regarding magazine capacity.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 3:53:30 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:26:28 AM EST
Man.. I envy you. I wish we could use semi-autos here in Pennsylvania as hunting rifles. Congrats!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:46:56 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/5/2004 8:51:34 AM EST by Maddogkiller]
I have taken deer with my Garand ( fully loaded clip) and my F A Ls ( with a fully loaded 20 rd magazine). I always carry at least two more full clips for my Garand and at least one additional full 20 rd mag when I use my F A L. Some of the folks at the camp asked me why I carry so much ammo with me to the stand. My reply was that you never know when a pack of fire breathing zombies will charge my stand.
I am the only one in my club that carries a semi auto deer hunting. I am also the only one that uses iron sights. I used to get a lot of "advice" about using optics on my hunting rifle. That was until I started draggin deer back to camp with head shots.
I have more empty cartridge cases fall out of my pick up when I open the door than these guys fire all year. I never have to track a wounded deer. Some of the other those guys wear out 4 wheelers and flash lights trying to find their "kill."
Know your weapon, know your limits, and know a little about the game anatomy.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:08:30 PM EST
Thanks boys,

I fully remeber hearing many shots that day, even hunters with the fancy high powered bolt action rifles were taking multipule shots. HA!!

AS for the mag. I had a 5 round mag that looks like a 20 round. The follower has a metal plate that prevents it from getting more that 5. But here in WY it doesn't matter, talked to a game and fish guy and I quote "You can have a 100 round drum mag in as long as its the right caliber."

DAMN I LOVE THIS STATE!!!!

David
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:12:07 PM EST

Originally Posted By dfergusonp12:
Thanks boys,

I fully remeber hearing many shots that day, even hunters with the fancy high powered bolt action rifles were taking multipule shots. HA!!

AS for the mag. I had a 5 round mag that looks like a 20 round. The follower has a metal plate that prevents it from getting more that 5. But here in WY it doesn't matter, talked to a game and fish guy and I quote "You can have a 100 round drum mag in as long as its the right caliber."

DAMN I LOVE THIS STATE!!!!

David

What caliber minimum? That might be fun.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:35:21 PM EST
The mininum is some strange number like .24 cal. All I remember from hunter ed was that there is no caliber made for the mininum.

Pretty much if your over a 30 cal. your good.

David
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:54:17 PM EST
I took a nice Elk three years ago at 300+ yards my my Norinco M1A. One shot drop.
And another 4 years ago at 150 yards, that one ran for 50 yards and dropped.

Too bad I didn't draw a tag this year.
Top Top