Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2015 12:53:31 PM EDT
I have seen many people advise against them, but never heard any specific feedback.

What are the issues people have with them?
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 1:05:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Mainly that their customer service is non-existent from all I have read.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 1:26:09 PM EDT
[#2]
CS sucks, had an issue with the baffles not being "encapsulated" like their Gen 2's say they are, called and emailed for a month and no reply.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#3]
People actually say their .22 cans perform decent enough. There are pics of exploded centerfire cans from members here.

It's mainly about changing warrantied barrel length, not answering calls or emails, etc
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 1:56:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Kestrel 556 performs well enough. However:

One of mine spontaneously blew up

At the time I bought one, they we're advertising a non-existent QD system and AK74 adapter, which were main reasons I bought. Didn't find out till it was too late that they didn't exist yet.

CS is poor. Very difficult to get a hold of, often times impossible.

Link Posted: 11/2/2015 2:24:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the responses.

I wanted an integral set up on my 10/22 so I got a T22 about a year and a half ago. It's been good to me so far, but it sounds like I'm screwed if it ever has a problem.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 8:39:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I have two cans from them. My 22 can been fine 10 to 15k on it. Most of its life on my m&p 22 pistol. I also have the 556 can no issue around 5k on it. Most of its life have been on 16inch barrel.  But it don't sound that great I think my 10.5 SBR with AAC SD-556 sounds better then the hunter towns arm can. I have ever tried to get hold of them so not sure how  good CS is.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Apparently up to a year ago, their customer service was crap.    I guess there's new management now.  I have a huntertown guardian XL and have been very pleased.   With that said, i think aluminum baffles are stupid and I paid $80 to upgrade to SS baffles.    After all was said and done, i could have had a spectre or sparrow for a few bucks more, but i still have no regrets.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 9:19:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Guardian 9mm that I use exclusively for 300 blk out SBR build.  Its served its purpose and I'm happy with it.  But I don't think I'd have been happy with it mounted on a pistol.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 9:36:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Apparently up to a year ago, their customer service was crap.    I guess there's new management now.  I have a huntertown guardian XL and have been very pleased.   With that said, i think aluminum baffles are stupid and I paid $80 to upgrade to SS baffles.    After all was said and done, i could have had a spectre or sparrow for a few bucks more, but i still have no regrets.
View Quote

$80????? i asked them and they quoted me $166 to upgrade!
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:20:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's crazy!    Call again, this was only a month or two ago.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:27:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a 22 SS guardian and a Kestral 556. The 22 is fine. The 556 is heavy at over 21oz. Mine is the original model, their newer options include Ti, and I've seen people get their cans upgraded. I emailed them about that last month and haven't heard anything yet.

As for QD options for the 556 Kestral... such a thing actually does exist. It takes YHM QD muzzle devices. It is called a CFG KESTREL CENTERFIRE QD ADAPTER, YHM PATTERN QD

Model # CNF-1000, its $109. I haven't tried it, because I'm already using specwar muzzle devices for my soon to be released Omega. Just FYI.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top