Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2014 6:27:02 PM EDT
I am looking at their .22 suppressor, anyone know anything about them?

Base unit is 199$
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 6:37:26 PM EDT
[#1]
The 22 cans are ok. You'd be better off buying something else though. I'd look at a spectre II or sparrow.

I have their base guardian. I have a sparrow pending.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 8:13:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the G22/Guardian 22, it has aluminum baffles.  If you get one, get the SS baffles IMO.  Frankly, for the cost of the SS version, spend the money and get a Spectre II from Silencerco.  I think the Spectre II is quieter, easier to clean and maintain, and back by a no hassle, no BS warranty.  I have used Silencerco's warranty already on my Specwar 762 and they took care of things quick and great.  The Spectre II is a couple of ounces heavier, but for a .22 can, that does not mean much.

Also, the endcap on my G22 is on so tight, it will not come off.  I am sending it in to HTA to upgrade to stainless baffles.  So the $199 suppressor is now going to cost $150 more for a $350 suppressor.  My Spectre II cost me $275.  You do the math.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:13:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:22:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Guardian xl and a Kestrel 5.56
With subsonics the Guardian out of a 22 conversion ar is movie quiet click thump or ding if I am shooting steel.
The kestrel is about 22 LR quiet and works well I use a crush washer so it doesn't work loose with no issues.

I traded an AK for both of them I was looking to sell for 550-600 so plus my trust and stamps. I have 2 suppressors for a little over a grand, two suppressors I am happy with and do what I want them to do.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:53:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Kestrel 22. It is an OK suppressor with some FRP. It's also heavy. It has an aluminum tube and front end cap, yet weighs 8 ounces. An all stainless Spectre II weighs 6.8 oz.

The biggest issue is spotty Q.C. with stuff leaving the building that has issues an inconsistent customer service. People usually don't get any replies when the write to HTA or submit the warranty form online. Do a search and you'll see the experiences people have had with HTA.

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:40:27 PM EDT
[#6]
If you have any problems with one of their products you can expect to it to be a pain in the ass dealing with their customer service.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:52:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you have any problems with one of their products you can expect to it to be a pain in the ass dealing with their customer service.
View Quote

IS this from firsthand experience?
Before I bought these suppressors I called them and spoke for over 30 minutes with the CEO and he answered all my questions and said to call if I had others.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:16:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Before I bought these suppressors I called them and spoke for over 30 minutes with the CEO and he answered all my questions and said to call if I had others.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

In my case it is. PM'ed the CEO on another board about some issues and he confirmed it as a problem and directed me to fill out an online warranty form. Did it and after not hearing anything, I PM'ed him again and got the response that they would basically get back to me soon.

269 days and counting ... not holding my breath.

Why don't you ask saturnsport8k how his warranty experience has been.

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:20:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry to say that his experience is mine right now.  I have a .22 and 5.56 can from them.  I emailed and did the warranty form on the 5.56 can......fucking crickets.  This was about 2 months ago.  I'm about to try again.  

I've read the stories on here before about their lack of CS.  I didn't pay too much attention b/c my cans (specifically the .22 can) were fine. Now that I have a issue with my 5.56 can, I can't get them on the horn.  It's definitely disappointing.  But the posts you'll read about people having issues are true.  I would have a hard time recommending their cans to anyone right now.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:24:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have a Kestrel 22. It is an OK suppressor with some FRP. It's also heavy. It has an aluminum tube and front end cap, yet weighs 8 ounces. An all stainless Spectre II weighs 6.8 oz.

The biggest issue is spotty Q.C. with stuff leaving the building that has issues an inconsistent customer service. People usually don't get any replies when the write to HTA or submit the warranty form online. Do a search and you'll see the experiences people have had with HTA.

View Quote

Pretty much spot on .

You basically have to threaten them with legal action just to get a response, QC is crap. They f'd up my "upgrade" mad there was a gap on both endcaps, after months of just trying to get a response they said it was within their "specs". My opinion is they are garbage and to stay away.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

In my case it is. PM'ed the CEO on another board about some issues and he confirmed it as a problem and directed me to fill out an online warranty form. Did it and after not hearing anything, I PM'ed him again and got the response that they would basically get back to me soon.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:12:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Awesome, I hope I don't have any issues. I have a few hundred rounds through my 22 and about 100 through my 556 can with no issues so far.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:00:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I can't speak for the customer service but last weekend I got to compare there guardian 22 to my Gemtech Outback II.  Both were fired from one of my GSG 1911 22's using the same ammunition and I couldn't hear a difference.   Both are movie quiet with subs.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:38:58 AM EDT
[#14]

I can't speak for the CS, but the quality on mine is there. FRP is noticeable, but not bad.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:31:00 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm new to suppressors, but at this point, I will just be sticking to SilencerCo.  And I guess now AAC when they have retarded low prices and promotions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top