Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
5/28/2020 10:18:12 PM
Posted: 1/3/2003 2:46:18 PM EDT
What do I need from the BATF to buy a decent suppressor for my rifle?

Link Posted: 1/3/2003 6:05:36 PM EDT
First make sure it's legal for you to own in your state.  Second you need to find a C3 dealer to handle the transfer (in your state).  Find the suppressor (some dealers may have some in stock).

Usually you pay 100% for the suppressor up front, then fill out a form 4 (with CLEO sig, picture, fingerprints) and the citizenship form and send $200 to the ATF.  www.titleii.com

Then you wait and wait and wait some more. After that you wait some more and then you finally get the nice little stamp and you get to take it home.

Link Posted: 1/4/2003 6:20:41 AM EDT
All that for one stamp????

Do I have to go with all that again if I want another one?

Link Posted: 1/4/2003 7:14:24 AM EDT
Yes you have to go  through it every time you buy an NFA item.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 5:58:31 AM EDT
Ow! Never mind, then.  That's too much money for a stamp.

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 4:34:54 PM EDT
well $200 is a lot but worth it. just think lots of people pay $1200 or more for a preban ar when you can get a postban for $600. its the price you pay to play.
Top Top