Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2009 9:55:05 AM EDT
How do I completely disassemble the bolt on a Mossberg 500?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:54:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:43:24 PM EDT
[#2]

I know how to disassemble the gun, I need to know how to take apart the bolt completely. As in remove firing pin, etc.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#3]

I'm glad I have an 870, that's a nightmare to take apart and put back together.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:51:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm glad I have an 870, that's a nightmare to take apart and put back together.

I love my 870 compared to my mossberg.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:54:06 AM EDT
[#5]
There's a massive pin on the side of the bolt that you punch out, and then you can take out the firing pin and the breach block. The firing pin spring has a lot of force so be careful. For the extractors there's two roll pins on the side that hold them in.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:26:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There's a massive pin on the side of the bolt that you punch out, and then you can take out the firing pin and the breach block. The firing pin spring has a lot of force so be careful. For the extractors there's two roll pins on the side that hold them in.

hmmm?  Maybe the 590 is different but there is a pin for the firing pin as well.  Be careful not to lose the little washer and spring.  I just used carb cleaner and plenty of lube after that.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:08:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I know how to disassemble the gun, I need to know how to take apart the bolt completely. As in remove firing pin, etc.

my bad reading is not my strength...in fact... i don't know what my strength is...

i see the question was answered though
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:17:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

my bad reading is not my strength...in fact... i don't know what my strength is...

i see the question was answered though

Not a problem, I bent the firing pin trying to get it out. I hate mossbergs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top