Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2002 5:29:08 PM EDT
I just bought 180 rounds of Israeli Military industries 5.56, M855...it was $10 per 30 rd. box. I have'nt seen this ammo at the gunshow before, the guy told me it was rare...I fell for it. Is it that rare? Did I over pay? I'm afraid to click over to Ammoman or anyone else.

Anyone know if I got taken? [>(]

Thanks,
NAKED
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 6:44:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 6:47:50 PM EDT
[#2]
only saving grace is you didn't have to deal w Botach  <G>
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I find it hard to believe that anyone associated with a gunshow would give you misleading information....
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 7:07:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Yesterday, I smelled two cases of Q3131A.....it was sssoooooo fresssshshhshshh.  I know one of the guys and he put it in the back with my name all over 'em.  I figure $190.00/case plus tax is just fine......didn't have to mess with Botach.

Dave S

Couldn't pick 'em up right then.......got to reserve a suite for the 18th year of "I am unworthy".  She asked me what I wanted for our anniversary and da-da-damn...it popped right out of my mouth with my southern drawl: "Two chicks at the same time".

da-da-damn, I hate it when that happens.  I guess I better just get one case and a dozen red roses w/Fern&Baby'sBreath for every damn room in the suite.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 7:08:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I swear....I knew I fell for some bs. It sounded credible...arghhhhhhhhhh! %#@!&$!!

I guess I should start going to the gshows NAKED...I'm getting screwed anyway, just make it easier on the scammers.

Besides Botach...anyhwere else to get it?
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I swear....I knew I fell for some bs. It sounded credible...arghhhhhhhhhh! %#@!&$!!

I guess I should start going to the gshows NAKED...I'm getting screwed anyway, just make it easier on the scammers.

Besides Botach...anyhwere else to get it?

www.galyans.com/

Dave S

Maybe I can just move that one vaaauuughz around really, really fast....sorta.
Link Posted: 12/8/2002 7:25:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Bad news dude, you got burned!!  You should only pay a little over $6 a box (30 ct.) for IMI M855.  Botach was one source but as of now it is not listed.  It was $5.95 a box during the last sale they had.

True, he got burned.

www.botach.com/IMI/IMIAmmo/556mm%2062gr%20M855%20FMJ.htm
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 7:15:46 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought a case of 9mm Israeli one time and didn't clean my gun for a week.  By the time I got to it the barrel was plugged, rusted shut, on a new high end 9mm.  Half the time the stuff wouldn't fire.  I won't even give the stuff away as I can't find anyone I hate that much.  Still got it and every now and then throw a bit in the garbage, not wanting to scare Jesus out of the garbage man.  The Israeli's don't declare anything surplus until it is truly useless by my way of thinking, to fan an old stereotype.
Link Posted: 12/9/2002 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 6:27:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm looking for a source of it also.
I prefer to shoot M855 vice XM193.
But I'm wary of Botach, and Galyans never has any....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top